PDA

View Full Version : E100

piglet1973
12-06-2010, 06:46 AM
HI IVE JUST STARTED THE E100 AND AM almost to the end of tma 1 and having a mental block im trying to think of an excellent example of the ZPD and scaffolding i know wot they r im just not coming up with that special example
julie x

manjay
12-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Not sure about E100 as I am doing a FD. However I just used the simple examples I had observed in my setting

sillysausage
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Simple things like how you help a toddler to climb in and out of a ride on car until they can do it themselves, same with slides, soft play climbing, helping them learn how to put their own clothes on, how to wash their hands, how you talk through activities whilst doing them, explaining the order of steps to complete a task, working together to do something that the child can't do on their own, showing a child how to roll playdough into a sausage firstly by guiding their hands etc.
There are sooo many examples everyday. You can use anything at all where you help a child to do something they can't do on their own. Sometimes the simple things are the best. Don't get too complicated.....it eats up your word count too much!

jane1966
12-06-2010, 04:20 PM
hi i started the e100 in may .........
maybe it because i have been working on my tma all day or the sun has got to me but what is a ZPD OR SCAFFOLDING
JANE X

manjay
12-06-2010, 06:25 PM
hi i started the e100 in may .........
maybe it because i have been working on my tma all day or the sun has got to me but what is a ZPD OR SCAFFOLDING
JANE X

Zone of Proximal Development - the distance between a child's actual developmental level and their potential developmental level at any one time.

Scaffolding - this is where an adult or more competent peer provides assistance to enable a child to progress cognitively.

Google Vygotsky:D

The Juggler
12-06-2010, 10:28 PM
to link to the eyfs and Manjays' point above, the ZPD is basically what we plan for for children in planning resources/activities for their next steps. group play/activities or adult involvement in these is the scaffolding we provide.