PDA

View Full Version : help! starting to panic, Ofsted coming

mojo0403
11-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Im really starting to panic now. Mrs O is due either MOn, Tues or Weds next week and I dont feel as though Im ready :panic:

I registered in November but only started properly begining this month. Have a 4 year old and her brother who turns 1 this month. Had them a few times April, settling in etc but been on holiday in between so officially they started 1st June.

Mrs O knows this but still needs to come and see me as its within 6 months of registering. She says she wants to see my planning etc but dont know what to do. I have some ideas but im starting to crumble under pressure. Not sure if Im cut out for this. How do you plan for a 1 year old.

Can you give me any advise any tips, information etc to help me on my way. Please point me in the right direction, I really would like a grade to be proud of as I have worked really hard to get where I am.

Thank you ladies (and gentleman) for reading my post I'll be glad when next week is over.

xx

mama2three
11-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh honey dont panic!
Show that you are getting to know the children , what stages they are at - through quick obs and through the information you have gained from parents and / or previous settings.
Then show how you will help them move on ...thats all the planning you need to do for a one year old! Maybe he is trying to feed himself - so you plan lots of opportunities for fine physical skills to help. Good Luck , you'll be fine!

Blue Boy
11-06-2010, 03:33 PM
You will be fine:thumbsup: Good luck:thumbsup: Let us know how it goes.

miffy
11-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Good advice from Kath.

You'll be OK so try not to worry

Lots of positive vibes coming your way

Miffy xx

mojo0403
12-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for your replies, I know I will panic, its in my nature:blush:

Another quick question; I know if varies with individual ofsted inspectors but roughly how long do you think it will take, I forgot to ask her when I spoke to her over the telephone.

Thanks x

Zoomie
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Mine was two hours, but anything from a hour upwards.

Twinklestars
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
good luck, mine is on tues this week and i feel the same, i mind an 11 month old and asked this question and was also told just to go from the obs and work out next steps from there

miffy
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
good luck, mine is on tues this week and i feel the same, i mind an 11 month old and asked this question and was also told just to go from the obs and work out next steps from there

Good luck to you too!

Miffy xx

TammyN
13-06-2010, 08:27 AM
good luck to you (both) just show you are building a good relationship with new mindee's, info from parents on what they like and that you offer activities to suit ability/age range. don't panic they are just people and enjoy your experience and then relax for another 3 yrs :clapping:

mojo0403
14-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Shes not turned up this morning. She did say if shes not here by 10am she wont be coming. ggrrrr Im having to wait until tomorrow now, another stressful and worried evening to have.:panic: