PDA

View Full Version : Cheeky parent again!

snufflepuff
11-06-2010, 01:11 PM
A couple of weeks ago she asked me if she could swap one of her LOs days from a Friday a Tuesday, just as a one off. She only needed me to have her until 12 but said she would pay for the whole day, and could i also drop her LO off. All fine with me so i agreed.
Yesterday she said that she has noticed that im not working the Friday now (im taking it as holiday because i have to take my son for his allergy tests, and had put a post-it note on the noticeboard to remind another parent) and asked if she hadn't asked to change days that week would she have not had to pay for the Friday. I said no she wouldnt have had to pay, theres no charge if i take holidays. So she says can she just pay me for the hours her LO is actually doing on the Tuesday instead of the whole day!
Not a problem i suppose, the extra pay just would have been a bonus, but i could not believe she had the cheek to ask! Especially considering i was being flexible in letting her change days AND dropping her LO off to her.

Curly Quavers
11-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I would tell her she has 2 choices she either pays the full day because she then has peace of mind that you are available if she needs you longer one week from the next OR she can pay for what she uses but you will then advertise a part time space on a tuesday so she will then have to make sure lo is picked up by lunch time (or whatever time). She can't have it both ways.

Rubybubbles
11-06-2010, 01:24 PM
TBH I am with the parent on this one:blush:

snufflepuff
11-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Its just a one off so she wouldnt care if i advertised the Tuesday or not, and as im dropping LO off i know she will be gone on time!
I felt i had to say yes to her, so she is only paying me for half a day. I dont really know how i would have explained it to her, plus she put me on the spot (she is an expert at this!)

snufflepuff
11-06-2010, 01:32 PM
TBH I am with the parent on this one

Oh i agree with you, in a way. I just think if i were the parent in this situation, id just cut my losses- it was her choice to change days so not really any of her business what i do on the original contracted day.

Curly Quavers
11-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I totally miss read your post :blush:

Yes I would agree with the parent however if I were the parent I probably wouldn't have been brave enough to say it IYSWIM I am a wimp face to face

Millenium
11-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I am afraid I do not allow "swaps" anymore. I have been caught out before so now, non-contracted days are not interchangeable with contracted days. Sounds tough but I have been walked all over in the past with people taking unfair advantage of my willingness to swap days.

Blaze
11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I would have said no - I only chose to take the friday off bacuase you swapped it to Tuesday & that way there was less disruption to all parents - (so:p )!

cs01
11-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I would have said no - I only chose to take the friday off bacuase you swapped it to Tuesday & that way there was less disruption to all parents - (so:p )!

I agree! ;)

miffy
11-06-2010, 03:34 PM

I agree - I think she's got a cheek after asking for the swap herself!

Miffy xx

merry
11-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I also hate confrontation so would probably let it go, but then the next time she asked for a swap I wouldn't be quite so accommodating.

:)

rickysmiths
11-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I have to agree with the parents this time. this why I only inform parents of my holiday by individual letters. If I have part timers it can mean that I take holiday that does effect some of the parents as in your case. Don't put a post it on the notice board next time if it isn't for all to see.

snufflepuff
11-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Don't put a post it on the notice board next time if it isn't for all to see.

Dont worry i wont! lesson learned.

JJAY
11-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I am afraid I do not allow "swaps" anymore. I have been caught out before so now, non-contracted days are not interchangeable with contracted days. Sounds tough but I have been walked all over in the past with people taking unfair advantage of my willingness to swap days.

I agree, once bitten, twice shy and all that.

blue bear
13-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Difficult situation, would have said yes to reduced fees then asked for petrol money for dropping off child, then never agree to swap again.