PDA

View Full Version : Late am and pm - what to do?

grindal
11-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Mindees mum has recently started dropping mindee off upto half an hour late most mornings. Not a major problem as it is not making us late leaving for school but annoying all the same cos I end up rushing around getting things ready and then we sit and wait for them to turn up.
However, she has also managed to be late every evening this week. Yesterday she collected at 5.45pm (instead of 5.30pm) apologised and blamed it on traffic and roadworks and said it was a good job she kept being late in the morning to make up for it :rolleyes:

Mindee is only with me for the next 6 weeks so I dont think it is worth a contract review but I would like her to show a bit more respect for the time I have with my kids when mindee has gone home.

Any suggestions how I can tackle this with her or should I just bill her for lateness this week? I know she will be late tonight as she is ALWAYS late on a Friday, and always blames it on traffic and roadworks!

funemnx
11-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I always bill parents if they're late picking up, it's especially irritating when their lo is the last one left to go home :angry:

Curly Quavers
11-06-2010, 01:52 PM
you could bill her.

Also do you have a newsletter due anytime soon? You could nicely remind parents on the rules re lateness and that just because you are late in the morning you can't be late in the evening without paying extra.

Like you said for the sake of 6 weeks it's not really worth a review or rocking the boat to much but a mention in the newsletter might make her take notice a little more.

grindal
11-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestion CurlyQuaver - but as she is my only mindee it will be pretty obvious who it refers to!

She is a friend and we have managed to have a really professional working relationship so far - but what with being constantly late, never bringing a change of clothes or hat and refusing to put sun tan lotion on in the mornings (as she is too busy getting ready for work!) I am starting to feel more than a little taken for granted.

snufflepuff
11-06-2010, 02:18 PM
As its not for much longer id be tempted to let it go to be honest, but then i dont like confrontation, im a wimp!
If she were staying id definately bill her for the extra time.

margaret
11-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I would bill her for her lateness,explaining that contracted hours are - blah blah,youre running a business ,youre not there for when it suits her,if she is a true friend she will understand ,dont be used

rickysmiths
11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I would bill her for her lateness,explaining that contracted hours are - blah blah,youre running a business ,youre not there for when it suits her,if she is a true friend she will understand ,dont be used

I must confess I have been known to go out at the time a parent has been due to collect on urgent business, if they are being late and not responding to my polite requests about timing. I stay out until half an hour after they are due. They never come late again.

Also in the morning, if they are always late and don't phone or text me, I make sure we leave as soon as they should have been with me. They are a bit put out when there is no one at home and they have to meet me. It does usually register that they have to keep to contrated hours unless there is a very good reason.

Ripeberry
11-06-2010, 03:49 PM
My parent does this a lot, supposed to come at 7.30am but arrives 7.45 or even 8am. And then in the evening arrives up to 20 mins late sometimes.
I let it go as it's the same amount of hours that is being used up, but if they come earlier than 7.30am or worse stay later than 6pm, then I start adding charges.

miffy
11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
However, she has also managed to be late every evening this week. Yesterday she collected at 5.45pm (instead of 5.30pm) apologised and blamed it on traffic and roadworks and said it was a good job she kept being late in the morning to make up for it :rolleyes:

That comment would have really annoyed me - I think your friend knows exactly what she's doing and I'm afraid I would bill her for the late pick-ups.

I'd also tell her if she is late dropping off in the morning she will have to catch you up as you can't make the others late for school.

I know you're not having the lo for much longer but she is taking the mickey!

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
11-06-2010, 04:04 PM
You really should say something to her. You could say that you have appointments arranged that cannot be changed. I know it sounds Tit for Tat but sometimes you have to come down to their level and play them at their own game:angry:

loocyloo
11-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I must confess I have been known to go out at the time a parent has been due to collect on urgent business, if they are being late and not responding to my polite requests about timing. I stay out until half an hour after they are due. They never come late again.

Also in the morning, if they are always late and don't phone or text me, I make sure we leave as soon as they should have been with me. They are a bit put out when there is no one at home and they have to meet me. It does usually register that they have to keep to contrated hours unless there is a very good reason.

:blush: i have done the same!

i also used to have a mum who would arrive up to 1/2hr early in the morning - so i was out, and only got home at the time they were contracted to arrive!