PDA

View Full Version : DAILY RISK ASSESSMENT

v 1461
11-06-2010, 01:08 PM
hello,
Need advice again!
For my daily risk assessment is it all right if I mention on a sheet all the things I am going to check, and then have another sheet with days from 1 to 30 and months and sign each day once ( and write on sheet : details of daily RA on sheet number X).

It sound confusing I know but it will be easier to sign once a day and not doing 3000 ticks every day.

I still haven't found a daily RA I like..

thank you to let me know how you do it. I like the easy and simple way..........
v

sarah707
11-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a tick list which says...

Kitchen

Living room

Garden etc.

Then I have a second list which stays in my folder which confirms what I check in each area.

Is that what you mean? :D

miss mopple
11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I do it in my head. I dont do a written daily one(do have a general house one that gets reviewed as necessary) as I refuse to tie myself up in knots doing paperwork.

I just use common sense and ofsted were fine with that :thumbsup:

grindal
11-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Mine is a bit like Sarahs - but I only do a weekly tick sheet!

v 1461
11-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi Sarah,

I have a sheet with hall, living room, garden...and the things I check( stair gate closed, sockets in place...).

Can I then write a sheet refering to this one with only dates and sign each day as checked ( but not every single items)
I suppose if something is damaged or else I can leave a comment.

What I am trying to do is to write the assessment once only and then one signature daily.
thank you
v

venus89
11-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I have what you say V - I list all the thinks I look at for a daily risk assessment then in my personal daily diary I confirm I've done the RA and write anything that's arisen from it.....

Playmate
11-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I do it in my head. I dont do a written daily one(do have a general house one that gets reviewed as necessary) as I refuse to tie myself up in knots doing paperwork.

I just use common sense and ofsted were fine with that :thumbsup:

Same here, If we have anything to note we write it in our diary :D

snufflepuff
11-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I just have a checklist in my diary- 'general risk assessment inside' 'general risk assessment outside' 'fridge temperature checked' and 'smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm tested' and i tick when i have done them. (All done daily except alarm checks which i do every other week)

I have a sheet at the front of my risk assessment folder that lists everything i check for a general daily risk assessment- eg socket covers in place, nothing on the stairs etc

v 1461
12-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi,

Just done one.
One sheet saying what I check daily.
one sheet refering to first one with 31 days in one side and months in other side.
one signature per day.and comment if needed.
that's it: one signature a day.
Probably not good enough...
v