PDA

View Full Version : tax return self assessment notice

whisper_1981
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
sorry if this is in the wrong place but i am totaly all over the place i have registered online and waiting for the relevent paper work to come though the post how ever never done one b4 i am freaking out. and with being 20 weeks preg i am trying not to stress out over it am i looking at something that is going to be extreemly stressful ? i only managed 2 weeks work as the mum lost her job and the child i was minding had to leave since then i have not had any enquierys as it has been dead as a doe doe any advice would be great

sorry again if it is in the wrong place

Chell
11-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I've only ever done mine online. Don't stress at all. If you've only worked two weeks then there will be very little to fill in. If you've had set up costs then it might even show a loss (this is good as next year you can earn more as this years loss will be included).

Just work out what you earned then work out what yours expenses were. Include things like petrol (calculate what mileage you did and charge it at 40p per mile, include travel to any training you did, costs for craft materials, insurance, etc).

The form is easy to complete online, you can do a bit then save it for later if you do struggle. You can click on the ? signs for more info about each section. IF you get really stuck, which I am sure you won't, then you can ring their helpline or post on here.

The more you put off doing it the more you will stress so do it as soon as you can. You'll wonder why you worried so much! ;)