PDA

View Full Version : location location location

laura2kidz
28-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi I am currently registering to become a childminder. Although we are now considering moving so it is on hold, we have seen a lovely place which is not far from the main town but is about a mile up small country lanes. I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on whether or not parents will come out that way for a childminder It would also mean me driving the kids to school. Look forward to hearing your opinions on this. Laura

crazybones
28-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I would say if the demand is there for childminders then I cant see it putting people off. It could be a selling point eg fresh air, country walks, etc. Best of luck :thumbsup:

sarah707
28-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I have a friend who is an outstanding childminder who works in the middle of nowhere... she is always as full as she wants to be. :D

angeldelight
28-03-2008, 09:03 AM
I really do not think it matters where you live to be honest

There is always going to be children you just need to make sure you let everyone know you are a childminder and advertise really well

It could be a godsend for people who also live out of the way so yes go for it

Good luck

Angel xx

Kelly
28-03-2008, 04:05 PM
As long as the need is there and it is not to far from civilisation I am sure you will be OK. If you find you are not getting many enquiries or you feel the location is putting people off could you consider doing a drop off/pick up service, that should do the trick, it's all about convienience for most families.

Good luck

Kelly

miffy
28-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree with what the others have said

But if you have to drive to school you may be limited to the number of children you can mind because of the size of your car --or buy a minibus!!!!

Good luck

miffy xx

Michelle M
28-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I would say if the demand is there for childminders then I cant see it putting people off. It could be a selling point eg fresh air, country walks, etc. Best of luck :thumbsup:

I agree, when I was looking for childminders for my daughter this would have been a definite yes :)

Banana
28-03-2008, 06:29 PM
I would say go for it!!

xxx

Tily Bud
28-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I think its all been said really, I dont think it matters where you love so long as the demand is there xx