PDA

View Full Version : Oooh Im all excited

miss mopple
10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
as my caterpillars have arrived :clapping: (very impressed as they arrived the day after I ordered them :thumbsup: )

I love doing this with the kids and havent done it for a couple of years. They are fascinated by them already :clapping:

Time to dig out my hungry caterpillar story sack and have some fun :D

sarah707
10-06-2010, 08:31 PM
How exciting! Keep us updated :D

miffy
10-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Photos please! :D

Where did you get them from?

Miffy xx

The Juggler
10-06-2010, 09:12 PM
we just did this it was soooo lovely. haven[t seen the butterflies since we let them go but that maybe because it rained and was so windy the few days after:(

crazyhazy
10-06-2010, 09:57 PM
This sounds fab, my two love the hungry caterpillar so think they'd love seeing it for real, where did you get them?

miss mopple
11-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I got them from here

http://www.insectlore-europe.com/index.html

it really is a great experience for the children. They all love it. Will definately do piccies and share later :)

mama2three
11-06-2010, 06:18 AM
we released our frogs on Tuesday , tadpoles in the lounge i can cope with , but not once they get hopping abilities!:rolleyes:
The kids were fascinated , watching them get 2 legs then 4 , then the first couple sit out on top of the rocks...
Think Ill get the caterpillars now as Im sure they would love this too..:)

angeldelight
11-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Have fun

Angel xx

onceinabluemoon
11-06-2010, 06:47 AM
We had tadpoles and frogs last year and I'd been thinking about butterflies this year so I'll check out you link, thank you

Hope you have fun and learn a lot too x

peanuts
11-06-2010, 07:27 AM
we got the ladybirds this year, kids love the catterpillers best though i think

marzi
11-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Ladybirds? I didnt know you could get ladybirds! Another thing for the list lol.

My local Aldi are doing a butterfly house for the garden for £6.99 maybe others are too in case anyone is interested.

Beetlejuice
11-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Gosh what a lovely idea! I'd never have thought of doing that. Dumb question - is it hard to look after/hatch them?

miss mopple
11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Easy peasy Beetlejuice. They come in a pot that has all their food in, and after a couple f of weeks they crawl to the top and form theiy chrysalis on a paper disc thats in the lid. Once all have formed moved the paper disc to a burrerfly house and attach and wait for them to hatch. Its amazing to watch if you are lucky enough to see one hatching

samd35
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi

I did caterpillars last year. The children and I all loved watching the caterpillars turning into butterflies.

Was thinking of getting tadpoles this year. Where do you get them from?

Thanks

Sam x

miffy
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I got them from here

http://www.insectlore-europe.com/index.html

it really is a great experience for the children. They all love it. Will definately do piccies and share later :)

Thanks for that

Look forward to seeing the piccies

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
11-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Ladybirds? I didnt know you could get ladybirds! Another thing for the list lol.

My local Aldi are doing a butterfly house for the garden for £6.99 maybe others are too in case anyone is interested.

Becareful to see if this includes the voucher for the caterpillars, if you need the caterpillars you can probably find it cheaper online to get the net and the caterpillar voucher together for the first time, i have just bought a top up of caterpillars and the cost of that plus the £6.99 would be more than the combined pack.

Ours turned to Chrysalis last weekend!

manjay
11-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Don't forget that you can order this through the Childminding Forum shop. that way the forum gets a little help:thumbsup:

I have ordered mine

Blue Boy
11-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds great:jump for joy: