PDA

View Full Version : I miss Little Chickee!!!!!

Curly Quavers
10-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Does anybody else on here have good friends who are also minders who you either spend a lot of time with through the week or chat a lot with and bounce ideas off?

My good friend is Little Chickee and she has been on holiday for 2 weeks and I think it's high time she came home :rolleyes:

Seriously though this forum is ACE but I really miss not having her around to talk to . Is anybody else like this or is it just me?

Gizmo
10-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I have a good friend that is a minder and am missing her at the moment too, her dad passed away about a month ago after a horrible battle with cancer, and she doesnt feel up to coming back to our cm group, she started back work 2 weeks ago but just spends the days just her and the los, have seen her loads but just when its us not with any other minders and I know the rest of the group are missing her too, I hope she finds some strength soon to come back

hello kitty
10-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Nope, I'm Billynomates. :blush: Finding it lonely at times but try to keep busy. :)

Gizmo
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Nope, I'm Billynomates. :blush: Finding it lonely at times but try to keep busy. :)

I couldnt do this job without the cm group there are 10 of us that meet up every morning, do you have any other cms near you Kitty xx

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Yep my M8 moved away:crying: :crying:

I miss her:(

hello kitty
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I couldnt do this job without the cm group there are 10 of us that meet up every morning, do you have any other cms near you Kitty xx

They keep giving up cm and moving into playgroups or other jobs. I have "lost" 5 like this now. I had a good friend but although we have not fallen out she does not return my phone calls or meet up with me anymore. I did ask what was wrong but she fobbed me off and as I hate confrontations I have left it at that. I suppose I am my own worst enemy! :blush:

Bitsy Beans
10-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Me too. We can be Billynomates together :laughing:

I go to my local CM group but TBH they are so much of a clique it's a bit off putting. I know a couple to have a brief conversation with but they are what I'd call aquaintances not friends.
I have a friend who is a support CM and she's fab but she has nursery drop off/pick up most days, I have afternoon nursery so we don't get to see each other very often. Plus she's not really in my local area so it's always a car ride to her house.

ORKSIE
10-06-2010, 08:23 PM
They keep giving up cm and moving into playgroups or other jobs. I have "lost" 5 like this now. I had a good friend but although we have not fallen out she does not return my phone calls or meet up with me anymore. I did ask what was wrong but she fobbed me off and as I hate confrontations I have left it at that. I suppose I am my own worst enemy! :blush:

Shame we dont live closer Kitty:( xx

miffy
10-06-2010, 09:08 PM

That's a shame, this job can be very lonely :(

I don't mind my own company but it's nice to have someone to meet up with and share trips out with

Miffy xx

Jelly Baby
10-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Aww..hope she comes back soon!

I had a CM friend who i spent all day every day with and miss her loads..it wasn't just about the children it was our lives too and miss that. I still see her now as she decided on another job when things went quiet for her and although she won't come back i think she liked the flexibility of it!
I am only now getting intot he local Cm scene but we all seem to meet up seperately but all know each other! i meet 3-4 now but no days are set as such and not as close as me and my friend were.

The Juggler
10-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I have 2 minder friends locally (well lots but 2 I do lots of things with) and I would find the job hard without that contact (and my friends on here!)

amanda1309
11-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I have a few CM friends that i see daily. With out them I would be a a raving looney lol

mama2three
11-06-2010, 07:22 AM
I have a few CM friends that i see daily. With out them I would be a a raving looney lol

My best friend is a minder , and I see others regularly..Im still a raving looney:blush:

Chimps Childminding
11-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I have June (next door) and without her there I wouldn't be doing this job :panic: . She was away last week and it was awful. The CM group by us is also quite clique (sp) and if you don't to every meeting they can be a bit funny, so we don't tend to bother. There is no mother & toddler round here so its pretty lonely without June around.

She is looking at moving back to Scotland in a couple of years or so to be by her son who is getting married to a girl from up there, so that may be the time for me to pack in CM and try and find something else - tho heaven knows what a 50 something could do :laughing:

sonia ann
11-06-2010, 08:31 AM
my close friend gave up a couple of years ago now and since then I don't meet up with anyone and i miss that..............this job can be very lonely...that's why i love the forum as you realise you are not alone:)

we have a cm support group/drop in locally .......but they meet on a friday which is my day off and i either spend it with OH or have lunch out with a close friend

i chat to another cm at school but she is a lot younger and seems to have her own circle of friends...............and I'm a bit shy in pushing myself so tend to leave it

haven't found anyone on here local to me either:(

Rubybubbles
11-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Hugs hun:(

I move around alot, and even though I go to groups and things am still finding it hard to make good friends. I like to keep myself to myself which probably doesn't help!

Although this weekend I am off to see my best friend who is also a childminder in Bedforshire:D and it's great knowing she is there.

I miss having people round if that makes sence? Just before I moved at least twice a week me and another childminder would have a play date with the kids and get together for planning and stuff.