PDA

View Full Version : kids are great

Bevbeetle
10-06-2010, 01:00 PM
not sure if you remember i put on here a few weeks ago about my friend dying shes only 26 got 2 girls one 7months the other one 7yrs. Anyway shes now now told the older one shes dying her reply ` right then mummy what we need to do is think of everything i want to do before you die first lets go mcdonalds so we can chat then we will plan your funeral` what a brave little girl shes being a star everyone telling her the truth and shes coping really well the rest of the family falling to pieces

loocyloo
10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
oh bless, thats made me cry. what a super little girl xxx

bexcee
10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
not sure if you remember i put on here a few weeks ago about my friend dying shes only 26 got 2 girls one 7months the other one 7yrs. Anyway shes now now told the older one shes dying her reply ` right then mummy what we need to do is think of everything i want to do before you die first lets go mcdonalds so we can chat then we will plan your funeral` what a brave little girl shes being a star everyone telling her the truth and shes coping really well the rest of the family falling to pieces

It's amazing how kids can cope and adapt but be prepared for a fall out at some point as she starts to come to terms with losing her mum :(

The Juggler
10-06-2010, 01:26 PM
oh what a sweetheart - that gave me goosebumps all over. Bless her heart:(

Minstrel
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM
There's a lovely programme on Discovery Home and Health at the moment called 'The Mummy Diaries' and it's all about this subject- helping parents and children talk about and come to terms with the parent dying. If your friend could bear to watch it, they might have some useful help and information.

Love to all xxx

TheBTeam
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Sitting here sobbing with the two lots of awful news I have had today, it is a sad time for us this month with the sale of my decd mils bungalow and what would have been her birthday next week, I wonder at children and how they cope with such things, what a wonderful little girl, hopefully when she needs it someone is there for her too.

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
How lovely x