PDA

View Full Version : Group Membership rates?

venus89
10-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I've been asked to sign up members of my CM group for the NCMA member discount available to regular attendees of a CM group (hope that makes sense!). Currently the group is free to attend. We hold it at the Children's Centre and can pay 50p to the CC for coming, though I'm not sure how many do..... Anyway, we're also in the process of setting up a group website. The one we're looking at costs £100 per year which divided by however many group members over a year isn't bad at all.

We plan to only let those who contribute towards the £100 put their details on the website. So those of us interested now will each pay, say, five or ten pounds up front.

Then there will be other people who join the CM group in the future, potentially, who will want their details on the website. Obviously it's only fair that they pay too. So I guess I need to set up a bank account for this money, which would end up going towards renewing the website next year.....

Say each person who wants to pays £5 towards the website, regardless of whether they regularly attend the group, do you think it's reasonable to ask them each to pay 50p for coming to the group, so we can buy arts&crafts, advertise, etc?

mama2three
10-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I cant see why not - we all pay £1 a week towards resources etc . offer to do a termly receipt for them so they can put it through their books if they like!

venus89
10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I cant see why not - we all pay £1 a week towards resources etc . offer to do a termly receipt for them so they can put it through their books if they like!

oohhh... that's a good idea :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
10-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I am a member of our childminding group and we get a discount with the ncma off our renewal, but we do not pay anything additional to them for group fees, our fees for each week/resources/drinks/snacks etc are paid to the group each week and we have a group bank account.

The NCMA offer a service where they collect group fees, but it isnt compulsory to use it.

venus89
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I am a member of our childminding group and we get a discount with the ncma off our renewal, but we do not pay anything additional to them for group fees, our fees for each week/resources/drinks/snacks etc are paid to the group each week and we have a group bank account.

The NCMA offer a service where they collect group fees, but it isnt compulsory to use it.

Oh no, we wouldn't be paying group fees to the NCMA, they'd go into a group bank account for, as you said, food, resources etc. It's just that this far there have been very few people coming regularly buut now we've got a few newbies and with the forming of the group it seems a good time to introduce fees, which in turn should make the group better because we can have an activity going on etc.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I run an NCMA group and when people renew they pay the NCMA £2.50 extra and this is paid by them to me

jaytravis
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
we pay £20 a year for our group u then can have ur details on the website and u get wine at xmas party lol also discount at days out

venus89
10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
we pay £20 a year for our group u then can have ur details on the website and u get wine at xmas party lol also discount at days out

Ooohhh... I like the sound of the wine :laughing:
That sounds like a good way to do it too..... I really wish somebody else was in charge :(