PDA

View Full Version : Is this advert OK?

VINASOL
10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi. I'm almost registered and wondered what people thought of the text I want to use in an advert I'm goign to put up in my local nursery/community centre.

I am soon-to-be-registered childminder based in xxxxxxx I am married and have two children: boy agedx and a girl aged x (and a friendly soppy cat) and have lived in the area for eight years. I am police checked (Enhanced CRB) and have passed (and have certificates in) the following:
Paediatric first aid
Introduction to CACHE Diploma in Home Based Childcare
Food Safety and Hygiene (Catering) Level 2
I am an experienced mother of two and always ensure my children and those in my care have a variety of games and crafts to play with. I have a good sized garden which has an enclosed trampoline, have sand and water play and a play house and other outside toys. We love to read books and enjoy imaginative play. We go to the local park across the road lots too. I live in a lovely off-the-road location in xx and am walking distance to xx School and other nurseries.

I will have vacancies from July when I am fully registered by Ofsted. Please contact me on XXXXXXX or via XXXXXXif you would like to have a chat.

Does that soudn OK or have I put too much info - the idea is that it is on an A4 landscape laminated paper (have designed some logos and some other images to put up).

Thanks.

Gizmo
10-06-2010, 12:26 PM
It is really good but a lot to read as an A4 ad :cool:

VINASOL
10-06-2010, 01:03 PM
thanks. i was worreid there was too much text...will cut right backxx

Tam's Tribe
10-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi

With advertising and marketing you must just put the most important information which is eye catching and get people to ring you . . . lots of white page i.e. dont fill up the page. A lot of the information you have on the flyer you would rather have in your porfolio when the parents visit.

This is the type of info that you should have on it (A5 preferrable) . . .

YOUR CM BUSINESS NAME and LOGO

SLOGAN

(if you have one i.e. mine is 'Providing quality childcare in a safe, friendly and fun home environment')

INFO ABOUT YOUR SETTING

Varied day with lots of activities to stimulate learning and satisfy children's growing curiosity.

Then list what you are likely to do with the children to give the parents an idea (i.e. what I have on mine is arts/crafts, baking, imaginative play, music, story telling, computer time, games and puzzles, outdoor play, park visits and time to relax as well.

INFO ABOUT YOUR SERVICE

These should be your USPs such as to differentiate yourself from others i.e before and after school, holidays, flexible hours, healthy home cooked meals, etc.

CONTACT DETAILS

Your Name, Contact Number and Area in which you work (not your address).

Just remember that bullet points rather than sentences is easier on the eye and will ensure it is read more and if I see a notice which appears to be a 'wall of text', I dont even bother looking at it. Make it FUN and remember colour is appealing and will attract more attention.

I hope this helps (I was a Marketing / Customer Services Manager in my previous life).

Good Luck!

Lovies
Tam
x