PDA

View Full Version : Next steps from bubbles play

Monkey26
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I am just writing up a couple of observations: we regularly have the bubble machine going in the garden but the other day i let some of the children blow bubbles themselves with the little pots and wands...
One of the boys (21months) absolutely LOVED it and was very persistent, sometimes succeeding - massive smiles! I have written up the ob and included some pics but am a bit stuck as to what the next steps could be?? (maybe i am just tired!) Ideas gratefully appreciated :) xx

sillysausage
09-06-2010, 09:21 PM
How about using different things to blow bubbles with? eg funnels, tubes, coat hanger bent into a big wand (risk assess!!), hoop in cement tray of bubble mixture?.
Bubble painting
bubble wrap
soap flake foam (add water and whisk up)
shaving foam
tasting session with aeros and wispas :laughing: :littleangel:

gegele
09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
you could tried to make differentsolution to make different kind of bubble i.e. some you can actually. not sure i'm making sense sorry

jellybean cc
09-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Thinking more of expanding the blowing side of it. My son has speech problems. One of the reasons was he does not move his lips much as he speaks.

I was told to get different length pieces of clear tubing from a hardware/diy shop. Drop a colored craft feather inside them and get him to try to blow the feather up the tube. Seeing if he can get it to fly out the ends

Blow pens are good fun.

Blow up balloons and let them fly away. He would choose the colour ,start to blow it and i would finish it off

music session with blowing instruments (and cotton wool for your ears:laughing: )

Blow football with straws and a ping pong ball.

All these are fun but also good for encouraging lip movement/ control which can help towards speech development.

Hope you all have fun

christine e
10-06-2010, 05:42 AM
How about runny paint and use straws to blow the paint around on the paper.

Cx

Monkey26
10-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Those were exactly the ideas i needed! I just couldn't think last night but having looked at the time again now i am not surprised haha!

Jellybean - this lil boy only says the odd word but gets very frustrated when he cant get across what he means/wants so the activities you have suggested sound great :clapping:

Christine - i am 99.5% sure he would suck not blow but definately something to keep in the 'memory bank' for a little bit later in the year.

Tasting sessions with aeros and wispas ... do i have to share it with the kids?!?!?!!? :laughing:

Thanks guys xx

Rubybubbles
15-06-2010, 10:02 AM
some great next steps here, thanks for sharing I was looking for something just like this to help my next steps and all I could think of was blow painting! Trying so hard to think out of the box:rolleyes: