PDA

View Full Version : new and overwhelmed

suzzie76
09-06-2010, 08:06 PM
I've just got the application form from the CC and am starting to panic! I've applied for the induction training but there is a huge waiting list and I want to get my application started as soon as possible and hoped someone could help answer a few questions??? :
- Do I need to 'appoint a manager' (Part 1:3) ?
- Other than the fire safety checklist and risk assessment form, do I need to send any other information with my application?
- What are the policies/procedures I've heard about and do I need to worry about that at this stage?
Really hope someone can help me out before I give up completely! Thanks, Suzzie.

crazyhazy
24-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I've recently registered myself and there was no induction training available in my area so had to go it alone, don't think I'd have managed without here and the scma forum and helpline! The bromley childminding website has sample policies on it which should give you some ideas. When I handed in my application form I sent all the paperwork with it, policies, risk assessment, statement of objectives etc which seemed to speed up the process cos they had everything they needed. I sent it back the end of jan and was registered by the middle of april so it didn't take too long.

The manager question i would guess no if you're going to be working alone.

arly
07-07-2010, 11:02 AM
You will not need a manager as its going to be you cildminding so its your business to run you will be classed as the manger. :) As for the rest of the form i'm new to it all aswell, ive got induction training sept/oct but thats as far as ive got...although i am meeting with a local childminder and she is going to go through things with me. Goodluck.