PDA

View Full Version : Nagging?

BlondeMoment
09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi guys.
I'm just wondering how long you leave it to chase up whether someone wants a place for their child or not?
I met a lovely family on saturday and they seemed very keen at the time and said they'd be onto their nursery to see how much notice they have to give before moving their LOs into my care. I even said to them that they may want to meet some other childminders first but they didn't seem to think they'd need to :thumbsup:
It's now wednesday and I've not heard anymore. Just wondering whether it's too soon to chase it up. I've not got a deposit or anything and have lots of enquiries coming in at mo. You think I should drop an email or something? Or am I nagging?

Trouble
09-06-2010, 06:48 PM
maybe a polite photo call to see if they are sorted as another family have made enquires;) :D

miffy
09-06-2010, 09:24 PM
maybe a polite photo call to see if they are sorted as another family have made enquires;) :D

And don't turn anyone away in the meantime!

Miffy xx

Millenium
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I normally reckon on giving them a week especially if I know that I am the first person they have seen. Allowing time for them to see other childminders and maybe nurseries, a week should be long enough to make their minds up.

If you are getting other enquiries however that may conflict with the days/times they want, a quick call can't do any harm.

Good luck!

kindredspirits
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd give them a call and say you have somone else that wants the space but you wanted to give them first refusal as they seemed so keen. if they say that they want the space then get them over asap to sign.

michellethegooner
10-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I always explain that I usually need to know as soon as because others may want the space and the space will go to the first who agree and sign contracts, I would call them and say you have had enquiries

BlondeMoment
16-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks everyone. I dropped them an email just explaining that I'd be away at the weekend so just wondering if they def wanted the places. They do! Coming to sign contracts on Friday! Yay!
Thanks everyone x