PDA

View Full Version : New Training Directory

teacake2
27-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi, has everyone received the new training directory issued by their local Early Years? There are the usual courses and quite a lot of them are accessible in the evenings or weekends, but as usual the interesting ones are in the daytime.
There are going to be some good ones on helping looking after children with disabilities, such as handling and lifting and helping with the transition from childcare into the school environment both of which are really relevant in my situation as one of the children I look after is quite severly disabled. I suppose they will be in the daytime and so I will have to take time off to be able to access them.
Is it just Staffordshire that cause problems for Childminders to access courses or is it a nationwide problem?:angry: :angry: :angry:
Teacake2

angeldelight
27-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Yes had mine and most are miles away starting at 7pm and I do not finish work till 6.30 so I have no chance

Some day time ones and some on a Saturday and who wants to give up their Saturday

Annoying

Why do they do this ?

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
27-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Am awaiting mine to drop through the letterbox!

They aren't too bad in our area for putting the courses on in the evenings and weekends for us round here.

I am actually in the process of redoing a policy for Professional Development - where it states that I can take 3 days in the year to attend training or courses to do with my professional development - charged at full rate to the parents... blah blah (worded better than this)

charleyfarley
27-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Yep I had mine this morning and what a waste of time sending it.

Looked through them all and the only local(ish) ones are during the week which I can't attend. Do they not think we work!!!

Don't mind doing the odd Saturday one but they are miles away

So guess I won't be doing any this year

Carol xx

Angela234
27-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Not had a new one last one was last October several evening ones to do with EYFS have been on a couple in our town like Angel said they start 7pm and i work until 6.30pm

Angela

Trouble
27-03-2008, 10:12 PM
up here their all in the day????????????????????????

why???????????????????????????????????:angry: :angry:

Little Pumpkins
01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I did unfotunatly cant afford half of them lol

I have signed upto a makaton course through them for next year, I am really interested in learning this and other types of sign language.

carolinel
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
gosh do you have to pay for yours? Ours are all free!

Saz
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Who should I contact to get a training directory? When I completed my ICP I just asked what courses were available to me and they (the early years team) booked me on the next first aid and EYFS courses in April.

Sarah
x