PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell them why you are giving notice?

singlewiththree
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
I was writing a notice letter and thought should it just be straight to the point and tell them why verbally if they ask or should I say it in the letter?

mandy moo
09-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi, didnt want to read and run,
I guess, IMO, it all depends on what/why your giving notice?
If it is a problem with a child that is on going, and you've spoken to the parents re: the 'problem', a few/several times, maybe?
otherwise I guess it could be, as Ive had to in the past, due to unforseen circumstances?
Sorry I cant help more, Just a thought :)

sarah707
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't usually say why unless it's obvious.

Hope you are ok! xx

CHUNKY MONKEY
09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
I would put it into writing so you have proof of what has been said, especially if they get the hump and go to Ofsted. Hope this helps and good luck :)

Ms WG
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Always put the notice in writing and I normally say "due to a change in personal circumstances" unless, as Sarah707 said, the reason is obvious

Blue Boy
09-06-2010, 05:18 PM
We always put it in written form and keep a copy for your own records.

miffy
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I would always put notice in writing but wouldn't give a reason unless it had already been discussed with them

Miffy xx

sweets
09-06-2010, 09:59 PM
depends on the reason i suppose, if its because you can't stand their child and will be glad to see the back of them, then i would probably keep it to myself. :laughing:

Blaze
09-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I do the same as Sarah...due to a change of personal circumstance.....
if pressed I just say that it's private & I am not comfortable discussing it or I say I am cutting down on hours (if that is makes sense to the situation).
HTH:)

JJAY
10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I do the same as Sarah...due to a change of personal circumstance.....
if pressed I just say that it's private & I am not comfortable discussing it or I say I am cutting down on hours (if that is makes sense to the situation).
HTH:)

same here. I've done exactly that.