PDA

View Full Version : Parents signing register

snufflepuff
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
is it a requirement?
Im always forgetting to ask them to do it! Im usually busy with LOs and making tea and goodness knows what else.

rickysmiths
09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
It is not required by OFSTED. However it is good practice.

By signing the parent is confirming the times their child was actually with you. This is good from a Child Protection point of view.
Also by confirming the times it has resolved payment/charges issues for me in the past especially where a parent has been consistently late or early. It means I can charge and there is no dispute over times and if needed it is a good way if showing why a Contract review might be a good idea.

I have had my registers signed by my parents over the 17yrs I have been minding and it has never been a problem. I explain at interview stage that it is what I do so it becomes a habbit. There are times when it gets left for a couple of weeks but I do try to get it signed every week.

The parents also sign the back page of my accounts book every month confirming how much they have paid me.

Playmate
09-06-2010, 03:23 PM
You need to borrow my husband1 this is one of his responsibilities parents are so used to having sheets shoved in front of them on there last day of the week and usually now they ask for it if we forget :D

Ripeberry
09-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I used to get the parents to sign, but Ofsted at my inspection said it was not required. When I send out the monthly bills to the parents I always itemise the hours used each day, so they can when they owe me more pay :D

Donkey
09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I did used to, but nurseries don't bother so why should we???

they just bill for the hours based on their attendence register and parents don't dispute nursery bills.

I understand its good practice but its more paperwork!!! I hated the NCMA attendence register, flipping back and forth grrrrr....

so now I have a weekly attendence sheet with all the kids who are coming on it and their times in and out. suppose could add a parent signature collumn at the bottom but its still getting them to sign it as sometimes its not the parents who pick up!

will work on it!

juejue
09-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I used to aswell, but I was the same forever forgetting them to sign it.

Now I use a A4 diary and I record EVERYTHING in that......Time children arrived n leave , menu, petrol. what I have paid out for. etc.

well better.
x

sweets
09-06-2010, 10:04 PM
i hated the NCMA book, constantly trying to find the right page for each child was a pain in the backside so i made up a monthly sheet, actually there are 2 months on each page and had planned to get parents to sign monthly instead of weekly but that idea didnt last long so i just fill it in myself! lol.

actually i must admit that my sister made up the template for me as i am pants at things like that :blush:

if anyone wants copy then let me know.

catswhiskers
09-06-2010, 10:36 PM
I've always thought it was a requirement - it's one thing i always get the parents to do every week- and it's the NCMA one!

It always causes a bit of a kerfluffle cos kids are acting up as well but at my last two inspections they wanted to see the attendance register.

Also on page 40 of the EYFS thing it says something about keeping names, times etc. of children on premises.