PDA

View Full Version : charge or not?

angiemog
09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I look after a lo 4 days a week on a Thursday he goes to his grandma's. At present his auntie (she's 13) is in intensive care so he's not able to go tomorrow. I have just been asked to have, now i'm wondering whether I should charge or not? I know she is expecting to pay but I feel a little awkward given the situation. What would you do?
xx

The Juggler
09-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Although it is very sad, you are running a business. It's a whole day. An extra hour to help out I might do for free in the cirumstances but not the whole day hon.

I would charge.:)

blue bear
09-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I think you should expect to be paid and if they ask not to because of circumstances you can negotiate then.

You don't want to start a precident, I know it's really distressing this time but lots of things can be seen as an 'emergency' you wont want to not charge everytime.

Hope the young girl gets well soon

Alibali
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm a softie, I wouldn't charge for this once, it's an emergency situation and you're helping out. If it continues I would. However I would expect a nice bunch of flowers or a box of chocs:D

Blue Boy
09-06-2010, 05:28 PM
We would charge especially if the parent expects to pay, hard I know but you are running a business.

chez
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Wouldnt charge but Id expect to be the one of offer this not the parent asume. Id also tell them its a one off.