PDA

View Full Version : Older mindees - activites?

crazyhazy
09-06-2010, 09:58 AM
I've just had another enquiry, yay they seem to be like buses just now! It's for an 11 year old girl, 2 days in the school holidays and then 5 after school sessions once they're back at school. All sounds fab but I must admit I'm rather nervous about meeting them tmrw as I don't have a great deal of experience with older kids. At the moment, my own two are 21m and 3.5yrs and my other mindees lined up will be 2 under 1s and my neice who's nearly 5. So, what sort of things do your older mindees like to do?

hello kitty
09-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Baking, hama beads, colouring, playstation, helping with littlies, gluing/sticking, crafts of any kind, making booklets, outside, trampoline, ball games, making jewellery, computer, paper dolls, making badges, making magnets etc etc,

Ask her what she likes doing or ask mum as she will probably say "don't know" or "don't mind"!!

Good luck. ;)

crazyhazy
09-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Baking, hama beads, colouring, playstation, helping with littlies, gluing/sticking, crafts of any kind, making booklets, outside, trampoline, ball games, making jewellery, computer, paper dolls, making badges, making magnets etc etc,

Ask her what she likes doing or ask mum as she will probably say "don't know" or "don't mind"!!

Good luck. ;)

Thanks, a few ideas for me there, hopefully it will go well tmrw cos this would be the icing on the cake!

Hebs
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
My own kids are 10 and 13 plus i have 2 mindees aged 10
To be honest they like to play with the younger kids any excuse to be carefree!

miss mopple
09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree with the others. My older ones love to play with the littlies and their toys as they get to play with toys without appearing uncool :laughing:

Baking is a huge hit here too, along with things like clay modelling, jewellery making, fabric printing etc