PDA

View Full Version : Help with wording please- collection times

snufflepuff
09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Im going to be writing a newsletter tonight and what i basically need to say is 'stop bringing your children early and/ or picking them up late!'.....but in a much more professional and polite way of course!
I have one Mum who is pretty much always late collecting, another who drops off 10 mins early, another who is 15 mins early, and a newbie starting who i can tell is always going to be late collecting, she is the type who i imagine would leave the house without her own shoes! The first has been with me since March, the others only for a few weeks- so i want to nip it in the bud now.
Do you think it would be ok to write their contracted times on the newsletter as a reminder? Thats not confidential or anything is it?

grindal
09-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I would just write in the newsletter

....please ensure drop offs and collections are made on time as early and late arrivals and collections can disrupt the childrens routines. Please check your own arrival and collection time and feel free to discuss any necessary contractual time changes with me.
Also please note that from 1st July I will be charging £xxxx for XXXXmins as a late collection fee.

Then attach a post it with individual contractual times to each newsletter.

beccas
09-06-2010, 09:48 AM
i have on ethat drops at 9.30 instead of 10.30

The Juggler
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I would just write in the newsletter

....please ensure drop offs and collections are made on time as early and late arrivals and collections can disrupt the childrens routines. Please check your own arrival and collection time and feel free to discuss any necessary contractual time changes with me.
Also please note that from 1st July I will be charging £xxxx for XXXXmins as a late collection fee.

Then attach a post it with individual contractual times to each newsletter.

I agree. Either speak to them individually and ask them if they would like to change contracted hours as they seem to need longer than they first thought:p If they say no, then ask them to please try to be on time as you are thinking of introducing late pick ups/early drop off fees (at an enhanced rate).