PDA

View Full Version : notice of time off

mammumof4
09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
hi, hope you are all well, sorry i havent been around for AGES! been so busy.
right i need to give parents notice of some time i will be taking off in august.

how do i word this?

thanks xxx

caz3007
09-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I just write it on the bottom of their invoice, just simply asking them to to note my holidays booked. I always give them notice as soon as I know

Minstrel
09-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Erm...

I am writing to inform you of X days holiday i will be taking in August. I will be unavailable from X to X. I have phone numbers of other minders that may be able to cover so please let me know if you need them. Thank you.

I usually pop it into my newsletter with follow up reminders in daily diaries and verbally.

mammumof4
09-06-2010, 08:39 AM
thankyou x

misst104
09-06-2010, 08:40 AM
I have just given parents letter this morning about holiday. I just put,

I am writing in accordance with our contract to inform you of the following dates that I will be taking holidays:-

then a list of dates

Signed at bottom.

x jo

Millenium
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Do it in writing - even if done verbally in the first place and ensure it fits in with whatever your contract requires for holiday notice. I am sure the parent will appreciate you giving plenty of notice.

RedDragon
09-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Do it in writing - even if done verbally in the first place and ensure it fits in with whatever your contract requires for holiday notice. I am sure the parent will appreciate you giving plenty of notice.

and keep a copy so you have proof.

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I just write it on the bottom of their invoice, just simply asking them to to note my holidays booked. I always give them notice as soon as I know

me too and I verbally tell them too

Usually I send an email and say that my holidays are x to x and please let me know ASAP if you require cover