PDA

View Full Version : fire escape plan-- advice needed

tt1312
09-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you live in a 3 storey house, if so what is your escape plan for the other floors

My kitchen and toilet are downstairs with access to back and front doors, my living room is on the next floor the window faces on to my garden, but how would i safely get the kids out.
3rd floor would not be used as that is where my childrens bedrooms are and the bathroom.

Thanks for any sdvice xxx

Minstrel
09-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I guess it would be the same as anyone on a two storey house who uses their upstairs.

I have a plan for if we are all downstairs,

another one for if i am down and have a LO sleeping upstairs,

and a third for if i am upstairs..

I basically say that we will exit down the stairs and out the front door if the way is clear. If not we will go into the main bedroom where i have a phone to call 999 and front and a rear window to raise attention to us.

It'ss all common sense really and exploring all the possibilities. Just show you have thought it through- because i bet if the real thing ever happened (unlikely!) you would do the best you could in keeping everyone safe and not stand there worrying about what you have put in your evacuation plan.

Paws
09-06-2010, 11:57 AM
If you ring your local firebrigade, they will come out (for free!), go around your house, assess it, advise you of what to do in an emergency and help you plan all your escape routes. They will also provide and install any additional smoke alarms (all for free, with fee 10 year garantee'd battery). They also arrive in the fire truck and will talk to the children about what they are doing and why. It is a fantastic visit, let alone potentially saving your life.

:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Look at what you would do with your children and use the same

tt1312
09-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Thank you for advice, have only been in this house 7mths my 2 storey would of had all work areas downstairs.
Will give the firemen a call, see what they say about escape plan, my daughter will love them turning up in the fire truck, mind you so would i lol :blush:

Blue Boy
09-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Look at what you would do with your children and use the same

I agree test it out on your own family, write it down and then contact the local Fire service for them to check it for you and give you advice.