PDA

View Full Version : Ds friends coming over whilst mindees here

It's a small world
08-06-2010, 03:52 PM
What's the policy on ds having friends over to play whilst mindees here. Is it allowed or do I have to tell ds can't do??? Just wanted to know where I stand. Surely he can have friendsto play ???

AliceK
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
It depends on what age they are and if it will take you over your numbers. They would be included in the max number of children you can have. Unless of course the parents stay but I doubt that's what you meant.

xxxx

mama2three
08-06-2010, 03:55 PM
sorry unless they are over 8 they count in your numbers.

It's a small world
08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks . Ones 6 and ones 8 I actually mind their younger brother. Shame that own child can't have friends over though. Guess well have to arrange their visit when no mindees. Thanksx

Chell
08-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I need to return the favour with two of DDs friends as she visited them recently. I don't fancy having the round while mindee if here (I think they'd bicker too much being three 5yr old girls) so it is difficult to plan these things.

Kerrie, did you get a call about before and afterschool care for OV yesterday? They rang me but I was just dishing up dinner and DD was screaming so I was unable to chat long enough to recommend someone else.

It's a small world
08-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I need to return the favour with two of DDs friends as she visited them recently. I don't fancy having the round while mindee if here (I think they'd bicker too much being three 5yr old girls) so it is difficult to plan these things.

Kerrie, did you get a call about before and afterschool care for OV yesterday? They rang me but I was just dishing up dinner and DD was screaming so I was unable to chat long enough to recommend someone else.

Hi

if it's during school hols hoping won't have after schoolers and only got J couple of mornings and 1 day so might be able to sort something. No didn't get a call. I will send you numbers of people in our area for you. X

little_gems
08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
i no i cant have my daughters friends round unless ive got space within my numbers but i cant understand WHY????

It's not like i'm being paid to look after them so why should they count in my numbers???

Pauline
08-06-2010, 06:45 PM
i no i cant have my daughters friends round unless ive got space within my numbers but i cant understand WHY????

It's not like i'm being paid to look after them so why should they count in my numbers???

It is the risk factors in having so many children in your care, whether paid or not. Plus there are no doubt those who would use it as an excuse to have extra children allegedly 'un-paid' :rolleyes:

It was the bane of my life when ours were little, trying to explain why they could not always have friends to play. :(

Rubybubbles
08-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Either you don't fill your spaces so they can, or they have to accept mummy's working;)

I keep 1 day where my dd or ds can have a friend over. But ds now 8 and never wants to be in now lol

SammyM
09-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I thought that as long as its for less than 2 hours and you're not being paid then its fine - is this not the case?????

caz3007
09-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I usually have my DS's friends round for a day in the school holidays when I am not working, it usually works for us, they have lunch and go home mid afternoon

Amaranth
09-06-2010, 09:46 AM
You will also have to take into account the number of children you are insured (house insurance) to have in your home at any one time too.
Most house insurers dont insure you for very many children at all. Because me and dh work together and so may have upto 10 kids at any one time we are limited to 2 insurance companies!