PDA

View Full Version : ICP Course

bandlady
08-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could tell me what the pass mark is for the ICP. I have been doing some example papers and noticed that the pass mark is different on some of them. Some say 15 and above and some say 18 and above for a pass. I will be taking this exam tomorrow evening and have been studying the DHC Level 3 through distant learning. I have now completed units 2 and 3 and am halfway through unit 4. For Unit 1 i actually got an 'A' which for someone who hasn't studied for 35 years I was to say the least 'gob smacked'.
If any of you longer serving minders have thought about doing this course I would thoroughly recommend it as it has opened my mind up and giving me a lot more confidence in the way I work and the service I provide. I have always been very anti about getting qualifications for a job I have been doing for 20 years plus but I am so glad I changed my mind because it has really given me a confidence boost.

Denise

carolyn01
08-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Denise,

It was really interesting to read your comments - Ive been a reg childminder for 11 years and really felt fed up having to do DHC course which I start in Sept in Maidstone and re-do DHC 1 exam as I felt I had enough experience but after reading your comments, maybe it would be beneficial.

Im a bit worried about course as I've heard its quite hard though?

bandlady
08-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi Carolyn
When I first started the course I thought oh my god what have I let myself in for but the more I got into it the easier it has become. I purchased the book 'Dipolma in Home-based Childcare' by Sheila Riddall-Leech which I have found very helpful as it goes through each unit thoroughly and I also used the internet for a lot of my research. My biggest problem has been how to write an assisgnment because it is something I have never done and doing the course distant learning you do not get much instruction on how to set it out, so that is why I was so surprised to get an 'A' for my first unit because even though I felt I had the knowledge I didn't think I had written it down very well, but I must have done it right to get the mark.
Hope this helps if you need anymore information let me know.

Denise

carolyn01
19-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi Denise,

Thank you so much, I start in October with unit 4 so if I get stuck I might pm you if ok.

:clapping: