PDA

View Full Version : I think a new parent thinks we have an agreement which we don't!!

Minstrel
08-06-2010, 01:09 PM
One of my current mindees mums passed on my number as a lady wanted her son collecting from the school i go to.

Well new mum came and had a babe in arms i knew nothing about and assumed i could take baby too (which i can't!) and i told her as much. I explained i have my own child taking up my under 1 space and all she said was 'oh don't worry i don't mind'. So we chatted more about the older one and then left it that she had others to see and would be in touch.

Now i have since spoken to the mum who passed on my number (they are neighbours) and it seems new mum thinks i'm having her children! She has it all worked out apparently down to start date, days, times, fees etc. Its like sh's in a fantasy world becasue none of this was discussed especially with regard to the baby as i simply cannot take him!

What do i do? I have no contact details for her. I did say to my current mum that, we obviously have our wires crossed and to get her to call me but have heard nothing so far.

I'm worried she's going to accept a job on the basis of having sorted childcare (as she said this was her plan). Or worse she's going to tun up with the children on the door one day!

EEK! :eek:

The Juggler
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
would you want to do it. If you start with the older child, Ofsted might grant you a variation later for the other under -1. If you don't, I would call her straight away and lay it out in very simple, clear terms that you think there's been a misunderstanding:panic:

she maybe has post-baby brain:laughing:

Minstrel
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
No way could i do it!

My own baby will be 4 weeks old, my current mindee will be 12 and 6 days old when i return and i physically couldn't cope with another under 1!

Pipsqueak
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Can you pass a letter onto the visiting mum via current mum asking for her to call you asap.

if she doesn't contact you then at the end of the day there is really nothing more you can do and its entirely her problem.

avril
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
If she lives next door to your existing mindee you have will know her address. It would be kinder to let her down now then for time to pass by and the mother is in a panic over her childcare. Try to contact her.;)

Minstrel
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok.

I have jotted out a quick note how do you think this sounds....

Hi XXX

It was lovely to meet you all last week, thank you for taking the time to come and visit.

As discussed at the meeting, I have a space available for X for after school on Mondays tuesdays thursdays and fridays, and would be happy to have him if you would like the place. Unfortunately, I have no baby vacancies at the moment to offer you a place for Y. I understand this makes it difficult as i can't take both.

If you would like to accept the place for X, please contact me no later than Friday 18th June. (have put contact details in)

Best wishes

XXX

I've popped it in current mindees bag and asked mum this morning if she wouldn't mind posting it through their door as i know its the same road but not next door, about 5 or 6 houses away i think.

I think this is the best i can do and hopefully i will here back either way- if not hopefully she understnads the situation a little clearer.

Pipsqueak
09-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I think that sounds perfect Minty. Not much else you can do really. The ball is in her court and you have clarified the postition.

The Juggler
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
good luck. hope she gets the message:)