PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please i have decided to buy.....

sarahstanbridge
08-06-2010, 11:34 AM
a new toy kitchen but cant decide which to get. i have seen the Little Tikes Smart Cook n Learn Kitchen in toys r us for £49.99 or i also like the elc sizzling kitchen which is £70. do any of you have either of these and would you recomend it.. thanks sarah

celdemorg
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I had the ELC one for my daughter, but as soon as my ds was old enough to play with it, it didn't last long, it has no oven doors now:angry:

Little Tikes always tend to be very sturdy I think don't they, but I'm not sure as don't have one of these, I got the wooden one from Ikea and its fab I really love it, so if you fancy a wooden one, have a look on Ikea xxx

Leanne59
08-06-2010, 11:47 AM
a new toy kitchen but cant decide which to get. i have seen the Little Tikes Smart Cook n Learn Kitchen in toys r us for £49.99 or i also like the elc sizzling kitchen which is £70. do any of you have either of these and would you recomend it.. thanks sarah

hi sarah,
i have the elc sizzling kitchen and i wouldnt recommend it, the doors on the cooker and diswasher have broken and sharp so they cant be used and the knobs of the cooker keep falling off. looking for a new one myself.
if you get the little tikes one, please let me know whether the children like it..it looks good fun.
thanks leanne

Chell
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
We've got a doorless ELC kitchen too! I would like the Ikea toy kitchen. I keep meaning to measure the gap to see if it would fit in my play room.

moljak
08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I have a little tikes.It's 4 yrsold and looks like new.It spends alot of time in the garden in the summer and DD's bedroom in the winter.It's had loads of use and has taken some batterings but is still solid and I if selling I'd describe it as "as new condition".I'm a big fan of little tikes :)

Leanne59
08-06-2010, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Chell;721525]We've got a doorless ELC kitchen too!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shar
08-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I have the Little Tikes Smart Cook n Learn Kitchen which I got for the drop-in. It is very good, the kids like the noises and the fact that it speaks to them. The only problem I have had is the tap broke off and refuses to be superglued back on:(

I think it would be better with not as much use, so I can recommend it.:thumbsup:

dobby
08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Its funny but when my DD was tiny I always wanted a nice wooden kitchen for her, but they were very expensive and I could only afford a plastic smoby one from woolies for £17.99.

DD is nearly 9 now and that kitchen is STILL going strong :D all the mindees make a beeline for it when arriving. The stickers are a bit faded now bit its stood up to lots of mistreatment :D

Friends who have had wooden ones, especially painted ones have all said they wished they had got one like mine now as theres quickly got dented or chipped.

The Juggler
08-06-2010, 01:09 PM
We've got a doorless ELC kitchen too! I would like the Ikea toy kitchen. I keep meaning to measure the gap to see if it would fit in my play room.

the ikea one is lovely I saw it the other day £91 but lovely. ELC do a lovely wooden one too but hideously expensive. My ELC one the sizzling has lasted ages. The doors pop off regularly but no sharp bits and they pop back on. Best of all it was free, second hand!

WibbleWobble
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
i have the ikea one...look at the pics on my website. Its sturdy and a delight to have on show....and we are a child free house when the ratbags have all gone home!

mandy xxx

karen m
08-06-2010, 08:10 PM
have a little tikes and children love it

miffy
08-06-2010, 09:14 PM
The ELC sizzling kitchen is a poor design - the oven and dishwasher doors drop down so littlies can't get close enough to it and they tend to stand on the doors which then break - don't waste your money!

Miffy xx

francinejayne
08-06-2010, 10:15 PM
I ordered the ELC one and sent it straight back when it arrived - absolute rubbish!!

I went to IKEA and bought a fab little drawer unit, then 4 magnetic pad things for the top of it for the hobs, and a stainless steel bar for the wall to hook pans and ladels etc on, and 4 knobs for the front. (I know I'm not selling it, but it's ace!) In total it cost me less than £40, and I get storage included too - I love it and the children do too!!

I've tried to attach a photo but I couldn't?!?!

marzi
09-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I love the ikea toy kitchen, I'm definitely going to buy it!

AnnieM
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I've got the little tikes one with the ironing board, I bought it second hand off ebay for £15 and the kids love it. It is in excellent condition apart from the phone and coffee pot are missing, but I keep my out on ebay and I will get one soon. The lady I bought it from had had it for 5 years and it still looks like new. :thumbsup: I used to have the old wooden ikea cooker which was good, but nowhere near as nice as the new one. I just couldn't justify it as I don't have the kids at the moment. If I got more kids and hence more money coming in I wouold definitely invest in one and keep the little tikes one for outside. :D

Chell
09-06-2010, 11:06 AM
i have the ikea one...look at the pics on my website. Its sturdy and a delight to have on show....and we are a child free house when the ratbags have all gone home!

mandy xxx

That is why I want to buy it. It has the same finish as the furniture in our dining room. It will look better than the doorless ELC lump of plastic. It isn't very deep either so it doesn't stick out as much.

I can justify buying it in August for DDs 2nd Birthday. :D

crazyhazy
09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
We have a little tikes one, this one here, the double up laundry centre

http://www.littletikes.co.uk/product.php?itemid=291

I got it for my daughters 2nd birthday and she's 3.5yr now and it still looks new, we've got the elc one at toddlers, think it's almost a year old and bits are missing and it just looks a bit tatty now, whereas the other one is the same as ours and been there years and still good.