PDA

View Full Version : another fed up minder

Helen Dempster
08-06-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm feel so glum and negative about everything right now. I should be full of the joys of spring, as I'm now full, but just feel so low. I've just taken on a boy (almost 5 years) who is a hitter and tantrums galore with him - he's so angry when he's told 'no' (I know he's a child and no child likes that word, but...) He almost started WWIII at play gym this morning, hitting another child about the same age (argument over a ball!) I'm stressing over my NVQ3 and I don't ever seem to be able to relax (mind or body!) I just don't feel I'm enjoying childminding as much as I could be :-(

I know we're all in the same boat, and sorry for moaning, but I just felt I needed to 'talk' to someone, and who better than you lot who can all relate to this I'm sure!

Hebs
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
i can sympathise with the nvq stuff :panic:

aly
08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
i can sympathise with the nvq stuff :panic:

Ditto
:group hug:

celdemorg
08-06-2010, 11:54 AM
I feel exactly the same today, I've had a dreadful morning, hitting, pushing, then other lo at arrives at toddlers and he's doing to the same.

Not being biast but it's only been my ds that has behaved today, even the children in toddler's where being horrible, mum's just sitting chatting having a cuppa which is fine - but watch yr children as well!! I felt as though I was running toddler's this morning and watching 12 children not 3..

I'm meant to be starting my NVQ3 very soon too :panic:

I too really feel like giving up today, totally had enough, only doing this to be with my ds and other children I feel are reflecting on his behaviour now too, as he's picking up what they do, which is not good:(

I wish I could afford to be a stay at home mum, I'm gonna have to buy some more lottery tickets I think:D

Sorry I've given you no advice or try to cheer you up have I I've just moaned about me, but I do completely understand how you feel honey.

xxxx

LittleAcorns
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Can we have a huge minder group hug?!! Im feeling fed up too, I really do love my job but am missing going and spending time with adults, Im just not very good any anything else :cool:

Im sure things will come good though, Im full aswell and never seem to stop, which I think doesnt help, although my mindees are zzzz at the mo so Ive grabbed this time

hope we all feel happier soon x

cuffleygirl
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Me too - my boys were up in the night so am tired which makes things seem worse. I'm full - fuller than I want to be really hubby was made redundant so couldn't really turn down work but am shattered my kids are fine (apart from when they are sent when they are I'll - but that's not their fault!). The parents on the other hand are really not good I'll kids, no respect for time keeping or me and mine.

Helen Dempster
08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
:group hug:

Here's a big hug for all us fed up minders (I feel better already!) :)

Winnie
08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Can i join the club too please? I'm losing my only lo in a few weeks :( she is a sweetie and so is the mum.

Hebs
08-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Can i join the club too please? I'm losing my only lo in a few weeks :( she is a sweetie and so is the mum.

oh no :( :(

The Juggler
08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
big hugs to everyone who needs them!

funemnx
08-06-2010, 01:12 PM
And it's only TUESDAY!!!

Is the wet weather making us all feel glum?

Either too many children or not enough it's just not fair - we're either too tired or too broke!!!

Wine o'clock tonight? Cheers! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

ORKSIE
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
:group hug: to you all

I am feeling really good and positive about everything at the moment, got lovely LO's ATM.

So I am hoping my positive vibes rub off on you all.

:clapping: :clapping:

merry
08-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Another fed-up minder here too :( Too many children, 12 through the week, ranging from 6-9 at any one time, ages ranging from just 1 to 10 year olds, starting at 7 am and finishing at 6 pm, and going through the 2nd week of school holiday in endless rain :( Having such a range of ages makes everything so hard because there's nothing that gets everyone interested so there's always someone moaning about something. My house is trashed, the noise is horrific and I'm so sick of making meals that when they all go home I'm living on toast!

:)

nannysue
08-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh dear can i join you all , I'm losing the plot already with NVQ3 and i've only just started !!!

I'm told to take it easy and not stress haaaaaaaaa :( please let me it will get easier , ( but i have a feeling it won't) Its a good job i love my work so much !

Hugs to anyone who needs one :thumbsup:

Blue Boy
09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Having just finshed my NVQ3 I know what you arew all going through:panic: