PDA

View Full Version : How Thoughtful is This?

onceinabluemoon
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to share something that happened to me yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago I was ill on the Sunday with an asthma attack and had to take the Monday off work. I couldn't let parents know until 10pm that I would be unable to work the next day because that's when I got home from hospital.

At the time, two sets of parents offered to have my children for the day so I could rest. The third was really concerned and said I should call them if there was anything they could do to help.

Yesterday morning my little mindee who only comes in one day a week turned up with a massive box of chocolates which they'd bought me when I was poorly but hadn't brought around because due to bank hols it was the first time I'd had the child since my unexpected 'day off'. It was the same set of parents who took my 14 YO for the day and gave him some motor mechanic lessons (my children are homeschooled so were home during the day). Apparently the 2 YO mindee had insisted they bought me some chocs to make me better, bless her.

I just wanted to share as we sometimes seem to get inundated with posts about parents who are not so great.

Anybody else got any nice stories to share?

kindredspirits
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
thats lovely - what thoughtful parents you have - although i expect you get back what you are putting in. :thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
that is sooooooooooooo lovely :)

desiderata
08-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Thats so lovley abd thoughtful wish we could all have parents like thatxx

desiderata
08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Thats so lovely and thoughtful wish we could all have parents like thatxx

cherry
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
What thoughtful parents you have :)

emmaflossie
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
that is so lovely and im sure you deserve it very much :)

i have a couple of parents who are fab ... well im lucky all of them are pretty good .... one bought me in a bottle of wine last week as a thank you and to have a well deserved rest over the weekend. the other the week before bought me in a pampering set to relax with in the bath :) .... maybe they realise how much their kids put me through lol

moljak
08-06-2010, 11:59 AM
That is lovely.I also posted about lovely parents the other day.There are some out there hehe

celdemorg
08-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Your sooooo lucky having parent's like that I'm jealous, how lovely is that.

I hope your feeling better too

xxx

The Juggler
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
that is so nice hon. Whilst we're singing parent's praises, the other week I asked one mum if she could possibly collect her boys early on the Friday (1/2 an hour) so I could go to the doctors before weekend. Then hubby said he needed the car and I knew I'd never make the doctors on foot in 10 mins.

I told her not to worry as I wouldn't make it anyhow and she offered to take me to the doctors. She came 40 minutes early then took me and my ds to the doctors.

:)

ORKSIE
08-06-2010, 01:27 PM
One of my parents came round one evening because they were off on holiday the next day and bought Chocs for my kids and a bottle of wine for me and DH.

I asked what I had done to deserve this....She said because you do such a great job and she wanted me to know she appreciates what I do. :)

Made me feel very good about myself. Its so nice to be appreciated:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
That's so nice :)

There really are nice thoughtful parents about :thumbsup:

One of my ex mindees mum used to buy DS and myself a weekly sausage roll each from the local butcher by their house as it was quite a way from me and they are THE best sausage rolls in town - as mum is a vegetarian it was even more thoughtful of her and appreciated by us :thumbsup:

Oooh I do miss the child :( and the sausage rolls :laughing: