PDA

View Full Version : the dettol thing??

emmadines
08-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello, I was just wondering do you think they are worth while (for minding) or a waste of money???? i thought it might be good as then the kids will only use a littl at a time???

http://www.dettol.co.uk/no-touch-handwash-system/index.php

aly
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
thats alink to a tent.??

emmadines
08-06-2010, 09:24 AM
lol :blush:

try again lol

LOOPYLISA
08-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Dettol or tents ? :laughing:

huggableshelly
08-06-2010, 09:26 AM
i am confused by your post and link!

emmadines
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Dettol or tents ? :laughing:

i am confused by your post and link!

sorry my clicker didnt copy it properly (have put the right on in as there is no way im taking my minded lot camping :panic: )

huggableshelly
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM
oohhhhh you changed it as i posted LOL

waste of money, i would stick to encouraging children to use soap and water as detol is not available everywhere you go but also carry the pocket size hand gel too.

my midees go through squirty soap so quickly even though they all know one squirt is enough they seem to think its a race to see who can empty the bottle first, i use tescos own and water it down too so lasts longer and its the stuff you have to still use water with.

Kat
08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi,
I think doesnt worth it ... I can see my children standing under this all day long until it will be finished :)
But If you will try let me know how does it work for you?

Kat

kindredspirits
08-06-2010, 09:44 AM
i think its stupid - yes your soap pump probably does collect germs but considering you only touch it when you are about to soap your hands and therefore kill bacteria i think its just a way of getting money. i'd imagine the pump isn't too expensive but the refills with be an arm and a leg. but thats jmo.

emmadines
08-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Im more thinking of the dispenser and hope the bottles can be refilled, my original thoughts were pretty much the you only touch the top of the bottle when ur hands are dirty, I just though it might reduce the amount of soap they use.........

cabby
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
im pretty sure they do the same kind of thing in argos, but you just fill it with normal hand soap.

onceinabluemoon
08-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I spray the soap pump, the loo handle and the door handle with dettol spray every day so wouldn't have that many germs anyway...

But, I do wander if it would stop the amount of soap being used as it would just go into their hand, not a ton of it down the drain before they managed to get it into their hands IYSWIM...

fionamal
08-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Tesco have this on offer at the momnet for £6.00 for the dispenser and £3 for the refills.

I had thought about it but not really worth that sort of money and apparently you cant refill the bottles.

cabby
08-06-2010, 10:01 AM
these are the ones they have in argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=SENSOR+SOAP+PUMP

quite pricey but you might be able to get them cheaper elsewhere.x

AliceK
08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Im more thinking of the dispenser and hope the bottles can be refilled, my original thoughts were pretty much the you only touch the top of the bottle when ur hands are dirty, I just though it might reduce the amount of soap they use.........

In my house I think it would increase the amount of soap they use as they would just stand and play with it. Mind you the child in me actually does fancy having one. I think it would be fun. Small things and all that :blush:

xxxx

emmadines
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
[/B]

In my house I think it would increase the amount of soap they use as they would just stand and play with it. Mind you the child in me actually does fancy having one. I think it would be fun. Small things and all that :blush:

xxxx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: