PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to cry!

dawn37
08-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Big day for me today, I was meant to have a visit with an agency, mum & 3 kids this morning to have the children 2 days per week for the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow...agency phoned me to say they went to pick her up & no answer or from her phone :( This is my 1st day of working since I've registered, I have a little girl starting this afternoon for 2 hours but bad timing as the network is also coming at the same time with a mum & twins to have for 2 days next week, am dreading this afternoon as this little girl is lovely but seriously into everything, just wondering how I can have a chat with mum etc & keep an eye on the little one & interact with the twins...children I can manage no probs but why do they have to have parents ???:blush:

Waveawand
08-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Big day for me today, I was meant to have a visit with an agency, mum & 3 kids this morning to have the children 2 days per week for the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow...agency phoned me to say they went to pick her up & no answer or from her phone :( This is my 1st day of working since I've registered, I have a little girl starting this afternoon for 2 hours but bad timing as the network is also coming at the same time with a mum & twins to have for 2 days next week, am dreading this afternoon as this little girl is lovely but seriously into everything, just wondering how I can have a chat with mum etc & keep an eye on the little one & interact with the twins...children I can manage no probs but why do they have to have parents ???:blush:

Dawn37 - please dont worry about it ! pass the parents your folder with info re you etc policies payment requirements etc and you get on with interacting with the kids. Cant you also delay the network lot till another day/time which would be more convenient for you ? Im so jealous you have some work - Ive been looking for ages and then had a dodgy shift guy whom just dumped me with a cr**py note !

Take a deep breathe and try to relax if they need to speak with you further arrange a time this evening to talk on the phone. Its about how the kids are with you that is important - if you and they are happy so will the parents be !!Good luck and let me know how you get on :)

maryp0ppins
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
calm down, don't worry about something until it happens that's what i say.

you will get yourself worked up & probably for nothing....we all have nerves especially when we are just starting out.....take a deep breath & go with the flow. XX

manjay
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end;) . Unfortunately no shows with networks and agencies are quite common. Quite often a sign of the chaotic life that some people who could really do with help need! Just a shame it happened on your first day.

Don't worry about it now. Concentrate on this afternoon. As i mentioned your network coordinator should take the lead and I would let them know that it is the other lo's first day and that she will obviously want to check everything out!

Let us know how you get on

amanda x

LittleAcorns
08-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Hiya,

Like already said dont try to do too much all at once, just relax and take a deep breath :thumbsup:

Its a shame about this morning but people do have a habit of letting us down, sadly!!

I look after a little girl who is 19months who's into everything, and 11 month old twin girls...infact they are all over me now, dont they know Im in the "staff room" eating my toast and having 5 mins on here....lol, seriously though, just be yourself, and give little on plenty to do to keep her amuzed

how old are the twins? x

dawn37
08-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks everyone
Have calmed a bit now! naughty network co-ordinator knew I had a little one in today, I think maybe she's sneaking a monitoring visit at the same time to see how I get on with the children!
I'm sure that afterwards I'll be wondering why I was getting so stressed, I'm sure after a couple more visits like this I will be my usual calm collected self:rolleyes:
The little girl I've got is 21 months, so with any luck mum did say before, she may well be ready for a nap & I've only got her 2 hours, when she came for a visit we ended up watering the flowers & she loved it, think they may well have been watered enough this morning! (raining) Doesn't help that I put the stairgates up last night & our dog thought she was a horse & was doing horse jumping trials by vaulting over the gates!!!:D

Dawn x

dawn37
08-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, the agency couldn't get hold of the mum from this morning & so they have cancelled the work...£94 a day down the toilet :angry: but have given me work for 2 little 1's 11.30 - 3pm 1 day per week for 3 weeks & said now they know I'm here they will probably need to use me a lot more. Afternoon meeting, mum didn't bring the twins so won't actually meet them until I pick them up which is a shame & the mindee I was having for 2 hours came an hour late as little one had lost her keys & she couldn't find my number :eek: So she came with her husband & we got all the contract etc done instead, so although I didn't get paid today it wasn't a wasted afternoon :) Now my 1st network meeting is over I certainly won't get into so much of a panic next time....she says!!! :laughing:

Thanks for the kind & helpful comments

Dawn x

miffy
08-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Glad it wasn't quite as stressful as you thought it might have been. Looks like there is quite a bit of work around for you anyway.:thumbsup:

Miffy xx