PDA

View Full Version : Do you take mindees swimming?

celdemorg
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Was just wondering (if you have time of course), does anyone take mindees to the swimming baths, obviously I'd need permission to do this, but was just wondering?

xxxx

aly
07-06-2010, 09:48 PM
our policy in the centre is 1 adult to 1 child ratio so no I wouldnt be able to.

I dont take them either as there are many things that could go wrong I just wouldnt be able to concentrate so I dont..I leave that to mum.

mumof4
07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I do in the holidays when I just have 1 under 5. I have taken 2 to swimtots but it was hard work even in the baby pool which is very shallow!! I have just started to take 1 lo to her first swimming lessons as its on a day I have her( she is 3). My parents have been really pleased i could do this for them and with permission slips signed and alot of carefull planning I dont see any problem;)

Beetlejuice
07-06-2010, 09:55 PM
FoOr the last few weeks I've had just one mindee on a wednesday morning so she and I have been swimming. She absolutely loves it and I have never seen her smile so much. It was great fun. I wouldn't be able to do it with more than one but have made the most of just having her.

Ripeberry
07-06-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking of asking my mindee's mum this. She is due anyday now (pregnant) and just can't face going in the pool. I only have him (sole charge) on a Tuesday, so maybe....I'll ask? ;)

peanuts
08-06-2010, 04:19 AM
yes i do. i am also a qualified swimming teacher which helps. The over 8's go on a friday when its free and i dont have to go in with them. i have signed permisssion for this. The wee one i had during the day i took to get water confidence when the pool was quiet.

LittleAcorns
08-06-2010, 05:35 AM
I never have so far but thats because most of my mindees are under 3, and I rarely have 1 at a time, but if ever I get the chance I definately would

Monkey26
08-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I am a qualified swimming teacher so yes i do but it is not a regular thing, and i would only ever take one child - two if they (and i had witnessed this!) were confident swimmers x

Pipsqueak
08-06-2010, 06:45 AM
yes I have done but only when I have a 1-2-1 that day. Or if my youngest is off school then if my neighbour can come and she can watch out for him.

sweets
08-06-2010, 07:26 AM
when i was a nanny i took my charges every week and we all loved it. nowadays they have this stupid rule that you can only take 1 under 5 in! it is stopping so many children going swimming early in their lives which is when they build confidence up.

i can understand people not being able to take 2 tiny babies in but you should be able to take 2 toddlers in, or a toddler and a baby.

mama2three
08-06-2010, 07:35 AM
now mindee L and ds are at nursery in the morning I can take little mindee swimming , though last time mum forgot to bring swim nappies or trunks - just turned up with a towel!

nokidshere
08-06-2010, 07:44 AM
I would and do - but all my mindees are over 8 and are swimmers. I have taken little ones but only 1:1

celdemorg
08-06-2010, 11:58 AM
To be honest it was just a thought, after the day I've had I've really had enough!!!:(

I'm going to take my ds swimming tonight I think to cheer me up :)

But you've all made me think I don't think I could actually do it, as all my mindees are little ones.

venus89
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm glad you aksed this. I will if I have only one LO (or one LO plus my own kids, who are 7 and 9 and competent swimmers). I wondered if I was being over cautious but I'm really glad to see so many people do the same as me!

Fabby
08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I think im going swimming tomorrow with the one mindee i have on a wednesday throughout the day!

sillysausage
08-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Yes, but only when I have one non-swimmer...so not very often :( I wouldn't take more than one non-swimmer even though our local baths allows adults to have 2 under 8's with them.