PDA

View Full Version : don't have a clue what to do now!!

Twinklestars
07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
after having no enquiries for months, only having 1 part timer, i have had 4 enquiries in 2 weeks, one after schooler who is 10 who starts in the summer hols, and then enquiries for 3 full timers aged 2 and 3. I only have 2 under 5 spaces so only have space for 2 mon, thurs and fri. Really don't wanna turn work away if i can help it, especially full timers, but what i want to know is how would an assistant work? Do they increase your numbers automatically, and how do you pay them if they are only helping you for 2 days a week for 1 child, if self employed do you just pay just less than what you're making?

marzi
07-06-2010, 10:40 PM
As far as I'm aware you have to pay minimum wage regardless of what you're actually earning. Someone on here said that they have to have 2 children's income to pay the assistants wages. Dunno about the rest, hopefully someone will come along and help out soon.

LittleAcorns
08-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Just typical isnt that all the enquiries come at once, it would be minimum wage, and you pay their tax and ni contribution, hopefully someone else can help, but when I had 2 jobs my second job paid higher tax, just incase you get an assistant and they work elsewhere

mushpea
08-06-2010, 06:03 AM
How about asking ofsted for an extension of your numbers, they might say no as its a new starter but worth asking ,, then if they say no you will need to put on your buisness head and sort out what makes more sense, keep the part timer but have less money, loose the part timer and have the full timer or take on an assistant, horrible descions but got to be done.

Twinklestars
08-06-2010, 06:10 AM
How about asking ofsted for an extension of your numbers, they might say no as its a new starter but worth asking ,, then if they sayno you will need to put on your buisness head and sort out what makes more sense, keep the part timer but have less money, loose the part timer and have the full timer or take on an assistant, horrible descions but got to be done. i've got my
Inspection next week so was thinking this too then i might get a decision while mrs o is here. Have hardly slept thinking what do i do!