PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to?

celdemorg
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Argh just had a text, and I'm a bit fed up :(

I have a lo Tues, Wed and Thurs 10.30 - 1.30, I also have a nearly full time lo too, 4 days a week, but mum works shifts so days change on a weekly basis.

Anyway lo whom I have tues, wed and thurs, mum said a while ago on a number of occasions he wldn't be in at all this Wed as he has a hosp appoint, this also falls when I don't have my nearly full time lo, so this wld mean I wldn't have any mindees at all on Wed, this has never happened before, so was delighted :clapping:

Well as this never happens and I've not had a day off since Christmas (apart from last week as away on holiday) I've made 3 appointments, dentist first thing, then hosp appoint (ladies test down stairs, which is overdue) then have an appoint re: NVQ3.

She's text me to say that she'll now need me but for just 1 hour :angry: :angry:

What would you do, would you say unfortunately you can't have them or would you have them for one hour?

xxxxx

P.Miracle
07-06-2010, 06:48 PM
depends on when that hour is...if it's after your appointments, it's only for an hour- but then you run then risk of mum calling to say "would you mind another hour?".

if she needs you during your appointment times, i would say no as she already told you she doesn't need you plus the appointments you've made are in the interest of you- health is priceless!

good luck and hope you manage to get a chance to relaz during all that whizzing about! =)

Tealady
07-06-2010, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't take them for the hour as it probably would end up longer.

I would just say, that sorry you have made other arrangements so can't have child and forgo that days fees (if you were charging). Bit of a pain to loose a days money but at the end of the day they shouldn't muck you around.

celdemorg
07-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I still don't know what hour they want yet, as they've not replied to my text, (I don't like texting re childminding, but I was a bit peed off that she text me rather than ringing to ask).

Mmmm I beginning to think about saying Nooooooo Waaaaaay (but pleasantly and professionaly of course).

xxxx

kindredspirits
07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
i don't think you even have to forgo a days fee's - she took a days holiday - gave you notice of it and now wants to change it. tell her you're sorry but its far too late notice to change your appts therefore you won't be able to have him - your contracts require xx time for change in holiday plans and need to be agreed by both parties.

Blaze
07-06-2010, 08:25 PM
i don't think you even have to forgo a days fee's - she took a days holiday - gave you notice of it and now wants to change it. tell her you're sorry but its far too late notice to change your appts therefore you won't be able to have him - your contracts require xx time for change in holiday plans and need to be agreed by both parties.

Totally agree:thumbsup:

mum2two
07-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I agree with what's been said, but me being me, would prob say, 'ok...' Then make all my stuff 'fit in' as per usual... :rolleyes:

x

celdemorg
07-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Done it! Told them unfortunately I can't have lo, but why do I feel guilty :(

nokidshere
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I would have said no and wouldn;t feel guilty.

I would have simpy said I made other arrangements because you said you didn;t need me sorry!

Mookins
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
id say no cobblers....you let her do it this time and she do it again and again

like already said health is priority...especially downstairs...think Jade Goody bless her and then decide whats more important!

x x x

celdemorg
07-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Most definately Mookins, thank you all for your comments, I say it every time but I do love this Forum, yr all soo fab xxxx