PDA

View Full Version : what do i do advice

jaytravis
27-03-2008, 05:49 PM
dont know if you rember my thread the other week about my 2 early morning kids. the day before i was due to go on holiday she came and said she was going to her mums thats was fine wasi was away but while i was away i got a text saying was was on the sick for 2 weeks and was waiting for the police and the court date . well i got the feeling i wont see her again i text twice asking how she was and in the last text asked if she wanted the 2 weeks as holiday but have had no reply
i spoke to the head at school to see if he knew anything and said i have a feeling they wont come back to our town he said he thought the same
i have finaly got her on the phone today and she said she will be back on the 2nd and will pay me then but i dont think she will be .
what do i do as its £75 a wwk i am ment to get do i just write it off or write her a letter but wont know if she gets it if she doent come back to town
#

Banana
27-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Are you with NCMA.. have you asked their advice?

depending on how much is owed it may be a waste of time and effort trying to claim the money! But I know it is annoying, it is owed to you!

I would get some legal advice and then if she doesnt pay you you know where you stand.

Hope she does come back to you

Good luck

x

miffy
27-03-2008, 06:34 PM
When was the payment due?

If you know the address she is staying at now then you could send a letter asking for payment to be sent to you

otherwise I don't think you have any choice but to wait and see what happens on 2nd April

miffy xx

sarah707
27-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Has she even got the money I wonder?

She has put you in a very difficult position... I would be looking to get some advice from insurance company and ask them where to go next.

Good luck! :D

flora
27-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Never been in this predicament hun, so I would go to the NCMA if you are a member and ask their advice.

Good luck.

angeldelight
27-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Poor you but good advice from everyone

Hope you get it sorted and she pays you

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
28-03-2008, 11:06 AM
dont know if you rember my thread the other week about my 2 early morning kids. the day before i was due to go on holiday she came and said she was going to her mums thats was fine wasi was away but while i was away i got a text saying was was on the sick for 2 weeks and was waiting for the police and the court date . well i got the feeling i wont see her again i text twice asking how she was and in the last text asked if she wanted the 2 weeks as holiday but have had no reply
i spoke to the head at school to see if he knew anything and said i have a feeling they wont come back to our town he said he thought the same
i have finaly got her on the phone today and she said she will be back on the 2nd and will pay me then but i dont think she will be .
what do i do as its £75 a wwk i am ment to get do i just write it off or write her a letter but wont know if she gets it if she doent come back to town
#

Sorry that you are having these problems.

I would write to her - confirming what you have already discussed by text and on the phone and that you look forward to seeing her and child on the 2nd.

I would enclose an invoice for what she does owe upto the second and say you would appreciate that payment is bought upto date on the second. If she is experiencing difficulties could she contact you to arrange a mutually convienent payment schedule.

If you don't hear or see her then send another letter (recorded delivery) stating assumption of termination of contract from xxx date because of.....
Enclose the final invoice including fees in leiu of written notice of termination of contract. Stating xxxx days to pay in full or to contact you urgently to arrange a payment schedule. State taht you will seek legal advice blah blah and make sure you do it.

Hope all goes well

jaytravis
28-03-2008, 05:56 PM
thanks everyone will give it till the 2nd and see what happens