PDA

View Full Version : Tax credits (the budget)

Tink
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
What do you think will happen with Tax credits when the budget is done on the 22nd, do you think it will affect people on a low income?

kindredspirits
07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
no, not in the slightest. i think it will only affect those on a high income who don't need it. there's no logic to taking it off low-income families. but then i class low-income as anyone under £15,000 - we're currently on about £5,000 a year and rely on tax credits but i can't see that stopping somehow.

aly
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I agree...they are thinking of doing it for people 50,00+ but I think it should be a bti less than that tbh.

Tink
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I hope so, my husband is currently out of work and we need the tax credits to live at the moment

LisaMcNally09
08-06-2010, 08:26 AM
To be honest im really worried!!

They seem to be trying to blame/shift responsibility elsewhere when they know everyone is going to suffer. On news this morning they were talking about scrapping child benefit?????? That would make me £130 a month down.....if tax credits suffer too then god knows.

I wont be childminding anymore as i wont be able to manage:panic:

littlesprogs
08-06-2010, 09:07 AM
The thing is though their is a massive debt that needs paying and the money needs to come from somewhere!

I dont care that they've taken away the CTF it was a waste anyway!

I dont mind if they take away the sure start grants either or even tax credits OR benefit (but i dont think they should take both that would be stupid!)

We are all going to have to suffer in some way to pay back this countries debt!

I'd rather lose abit of money now and struggle rather than the country get worse and my kids have to suffer in the future.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
08-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I certainly could not manage if they took even one of them away as we are struggling at the moment as it is and I don't know what we would do.

aly
08-06-2010, 09:16 AM
i thinkthey shoulddo away with things that dont involve children...keep the credits and benefit but find other things that do not need to be there [dont know what but children shouldnt suffer}

I agree with what they said before and hope they stand by it that they intend to take benefits off people not willing to work, idont mean mums who stay home with kids etc, but those that fake illness etc to not work [ex does this so he doesnt pay :angry:]

LisaMcNally09
08-06-2010, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=littlesprogs;721411]The thing is though their is a massive debt that needs paying and the money needs to come from somewhere!

I dont care that they've taken away the CTF it was a waste anyway!

I dont mind if they take away the sure start grants either or even tax credits OR benefit (but i dont think they should take both that would be stupid!)

We are all going to have to suffer in some way to pay back this countries debt!

I'd rather lose abit of money now and struggle rather than the country get worse and my kids have to suffer in the future.[/QUOT

I agree the debt does need to be lowered but not all at once. The government want to do it before the next election so they can say "we got this country out of debt". The point is though at what cost.

Even if they just take child benefit. Thats £130 i will be worse off a month and that pays my gas and elctricity bills??? I will have to find that money from somewhere else?? I am a working single mum and dont have any other income to rely on. Work is really slow round here and tbh I am worried about anything they may take off me. Im barely managing now!

Trouble
08-06-2010, 05:20 PM
MAYBE IF THIS GOVERNMENT (sorry) sorted out the people who are claiming it fraudulently and stopped that the whole of england would be better off, some people claim it and are living lifes of luxury then theres the opposite when people really need it who desercve to get it but the others are spoiling it:angry: :angry:

also they need to check on those people claiming childcare and never stopped it with childminders they would be better off

:angry: it really annoys me how people get away with it

aly
08-06-2010, 05:23 PM
this is where they need to make cutbacks...not from ctcs etc
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8726581.stm

Trouble
08-06-2010, 05:33 PM
we should go into politics instead:D

caz3007
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I can guarantee we would lose our house if we lost our tax credits and Child Benefit, its what keeps us afloat and not drowning, would then cost the government a lot more to rehouse us in the long run. We arent extravagant by any means and dont have the latest gadgets, unlike some who claim benefits

youarewhatyoueat
08-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I bet not all people realise that foreign workers from eu countries who live and work over here can claim child benefit for all of their children even if they don't live in this country. They can work here for 6 months, claim back any tax they have paid in that time and then go home.
If the government stopped these sort of payments and fraudalent claims it would be a start to saving money.

Trouble
08-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I bet not all people realise that foreign workers from eu countries who live and work over here can claim child benefit for all of their children even if they don't live in this country. They can work here for 6 months, claim back any tax they have paid in that time and then go home.
If the government stopped these sort of payments and fraudalent claims it would be a start to saving money.

:panic: :eek: :eek: :eek: do you think australia does this :panic: No so why do we

tinkerbelle
08-06-2010, 07:39 PM
its about time the imigration was stopped and by this i mean the families that live in london etc and the government pay their rent at thousands a week it stinks by stopping this it would save them a fortune and out tax credits would still be fine