PDA

View Full Version : Activties for none sleepers

vickieford85
07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
All my daytime mindees are none sleepers and I am finding it increasingly hard to keep up with even the smallest of household duties with them all wanting none stop attention. I am having to make lunches and dinners up the night before as well as having to do all my dishes and tidying up once they have gone.

Does anyone have any good activities to keep 2 and 3 year old occupied for 5-10 stretches.

Can I add I can see them from the kitchen.

The Juggler
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I wash up whilst they are eating lunch (my table is in the kitchen) or whilst they are drawing after lunch. All mine have quiet time, curtains drawn and reading a book.

Nothing wrong with 1/2 hour of cbeebies or could they play out in the garden??

jumpinjen
07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Maybe you could bring out a special discovery box that only comes out for ten or twenty minutes whilst you tidy round?

I have to say that it is fairly normal to not get anything done during the day.... i always wash up and tidy round after they have gone home..... I sometimes get twenty minutes after lunch when they are re-fuelled and happy to play without me for a while, but not always..... I do hang out the washing whilst they play in the garden.

But then I have children 20 months old, not 2 and 3, I would have thought they could play for a few mins whilst you make lunch?? What is ahppening that makes it impossible to make lunch for them?

Jenni

TheBTeam
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Think i must be very lucky at the moment, in that the little ones we have are very good at amusing themselves, I often leave them to get on with it, simply because it is great fun watching them! I have just taken on an under 1 and this is quite a lot more demanding, that is another reason for me to be grateful for having dh around as one of us can always be on hand for him, while the other does the tasks that have to be done.

Not sure how i would manage on my own with under 1 and getting stuff done, i like my washing up done straightaway, so think would rely on having him in the strap in chair for a while which doesnt have to happen much now.