PDA

View Full Version : Mm or ncma???

It's a small world
07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
After alot of thinking and reviewing income I've decided to do my insurance through mm this year. My question is that what about my current contracts with ncma. If I have any problems will ncma help even though I will be with mm or do I need to redo all contracts onto mm paperwork???? Hope that makes sense ???

TheBTeam
07-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I think NCMA will only help you while you are actively insured with them as regards solicitors etc. I think with MM you are able to use any contracts, including NCMA ones, so there would be no need to change them imo.

Someone may be able to confirm soon!

rickysmiths
07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I doubt if NCMA would help someone who is not a member and is not insured with them. They are a registered chariety non profit making organization that represents its members and lobbys for childminding in general. Not a profit making business like MM.

sarah707
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Like the BTeam says, MM is an insurance company.

They do give you extra benefits which many childminders find useful, but these are free (unlike NCMA) and offered in addition to your insurance.

They do not mind what contracts etc you use so long as the contracts are signed, dated and say the right things so that you are covered should there be a problem.

With the NCMA you need to think about 2 totally separate things...

Your membership fee... which buys you the magazine and any other member benefits. This is the charity bit.

Your Insurance... which is not with NCMA, it is with Blue Fin who are a profit making insurance company, just like MM.

Hth :D

green puppy
07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I was wondering about this aswell as I have just changed to mm instead of renewing with ncma. Has anyone done any of the free on line courses that they offer free to members?

sarah707
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Has anyone done any of the free on line courses that they offer free to members?

I have looked through them and they are definitely worth downloading and reading :D

It's a small world
07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Ami right to change to mm. It is mainly a financial reason I'm doing it and may go back to ncma next year when income hopefully will increase. Oh I don't know what to do 

green puppy
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I am not renewing with ncma this time, I have gone with mm for the first time. Thought I would try them out, I can change again next year if I wanted to.

Emz
07-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Why dont you try mm out for the year and see how it goes, i got to say i like the idea of ncma, as they lobby for us and they help when disputes are going on.