PDA

View Full Version : Anyone applied for a variation recently

samkeddy
07-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi,
I should be starting to care for a 5 and 7 year old after school, they have a sibling who is at the moment 6mths. Soon they will also need childcare for her too, i currently have 2 children of my own under 5 and 1 mindee, i have discussed applying for a variation with parents to allow me to have 4 under 5's and they are really keen on me doing so.

Im just wondering from anyone that has applied recently whether it is likley to be granted or not? I have all equipment required, and a spare room for babys naps etc, and with 2 of my under 5s being my own my husband is often home to take responsibility for them. (i have filled the form in ready and it inc 4 additional sheets showing how i will care for the extra child in detail)

Ive also not had my post reg visit yet so know ofted would have to come and see me, has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for any info

Twinklestars
07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
as it's a sibling and would be continuity of care i would have thought you stood a good chance but only ofsted can tell you for definate. I got one to take on a then 7 month old (my own was 2 months at the time) and got it but he was my only mindee, they didn't come out but i thought i'd get a visit as i hadn't had my first inspection (it's next week:panic:). Good luck with it :)

candy cat
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Yep got mine through in a couple of weeks 2 under 1 for 10 weeks......I was due an inspection then anyway,but when I asked them is it a thing they insist on...they said we don't always send out an inspector...BUT you get different info every time you speak to someone.....I phoned to chase mine to be told yeh it's been given....nice they told me! ha! good luck hope you get it!

sandy64
07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
hi just been granted mine over phone this morn:clapping: but after waiting 4weeks 2 phone calls half hr on phone to ofsted this morn they asked me so many questions never had that before but i got it. its only for a mon i already have her 4days a wk and mum got offered extra day at work so at least shes happy now. will get certificate this week.
they are only granting variations for siblings or continuity of care. you may struggle if your not childminding yet they do usually like you to of been minding for a while before you apply but theres no harm applying as you want no until you try good luck:)

samkeddy
07-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys its sounding a little more positive than i expected, I am minding allready, its my post inspection im due, ill think about it for a little longer before doing anything tho
Thanks ppl x x

sandy64
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
why dont you ask advice when they come round for your inspection if its soon. its worth trying :)

samkeddy
07-06-2010, 06:16 PM
ye thats probably a really good idea thanks x