PDA

View Full Version : my assistant is pregnant

TRACEY1969
06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
my assistant is pregnant and by the way it's my daughter, the question i would like to ask if that she wants to carry on working after the baby is born for me and wants to know if family tax will pay her some money towards my fees. No before you all ask this is a family arguement about childminding for other members of my family which i done free of charge and i found out money doesn't grow on trees and i need an income as well as they took me for granted and i turned down loads of work to look after my other grandchild when one of the parents was out of work for a while and i still had him.
Does anyone know where i can find this information out as she doesn't claim any benefits from family tax as she is under 21.

Blaze
06-06-2010, 04:42 PM
To the best of my knowlesge you as a grand-parent can care for the baby & be paid via the working tax credit childcare element (the only requirement is that you are registered - which you are)HTH...& congratulations to you & Mum (I had my eldest when I was 19):)

TRACEY1969
06-06-2010, 04:47 PM
thanks for your reply, but do you think they will still help with fees if she works for me as well. My daughter will be 19 when she has the baby and i am trying to keep her in work the best i can as Oftsed has just up my numbers to 10 and i can't see her getting a job anywhere else at the moment.

To the best of my knowlesge you as a grand-parent can care for the baby & be paid via the working tax credit childcare element (the only requirement is that you are registered - which you are). HTH...& congratulations to you & Mum (I had my eldest when I was 19):)

Blaze
06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
All she has to do is fill in the form & say her childcare costs are x - which they are quite legitimately as the baby will be taking a space of yours. If she was a CM in her own right then no she couldn't claim as the space is hers, but as she is an assistant & the space is yours she can.

TRACEY1969
06-06-2010, 05:22 PM
thanks for your help and all the information :)

All she has to do is fill in the form & say her childcare costs are x - which they are quite legitimately as the baby will be taking a space of yours. If she was a CM in her own right then no she couldn't claim as the space is hers, but as she is an assistant & the space is yours she can.

Blaze
06-06-2010, 05:23 PM
No problem at all:)

TheBTeam
06-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Blaze sounds right to me, congratulations to you and your daughter.

Blaze
06-06-2010, 05:26 PM
PS - Make sure she claims her sure start maternity grant ASAP (from third trimester) & doesn't wait till the baby is born (you can claim untill the baby is 3 months) - as they are fazing them out - so get in as soon as you can, so you don't miss out.:thumbsup:

TRACEY1969
06-06-2010, 05:33 PM
oh didn't know about that is there a website i can go to to find out more please.

PS - Make sure she claims her sure start maternity grant ASAP (from third trimester) & doesn't wait till the baby is born (you can claim untill the baby is 3 months) - as they are fazing them out - so get in as soon as you can, so you don't miss out.:thumbsup:

Blaze
06-06-2010, 05:47 PM
All the info you need here:

http://www.workingfamilies.org.uk/asp/family_zone/factsheets/pdfs/what_to_claim%20Jan%2009.pdf

(You have to scroll down for the SSMG - but the whole PDF is relevant):thumbsup:

TRACEY1969
06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
:D thanks i will take a look later :jump for joy: :thumbsup: