PDA

View Full Version : My own son with Chicken pox!

zippy04
06-06-2010, 03:05 PM
My son started with 2 spots on his face Wed eve was up most of the night high temp etc so I closed Thursday & Friday by then he was covered in spots he is still very spotty and some have started to scab over not but not them all, now its the school holidays can I open or do I need to close still?? not sure what to do for the bast? :panic:

Any information would be great thanks again

Pipsqueak
06-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Its till the last spot has scabbed over - which is normally 5 days from the onset of illness.

You could give parents the choice if you think your son is well enough to be round other children however think carefully about this - if you take children went your son is poorly/ill then the parents will/may expect you to have their children when they are poorly/ill.

Hope your son feels better soon

Can throughly recommend aqueous calamine:thumbsup:

Curly Quavers
06-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Its till the last spot has scabbed over - which is normally 5 days from the onset of illness.

You could give parents the choice if you think your son is well enough to be round other children however think carefully about this - if you take children went your son is poorly/ill then the parents will/may expect you to have their children when they are poorly/ill.

Hope your son feels better soon

Can throughly recommend aqueous calamine:thumbsup:

This is a very good point.

My first thought was to give them a choice if they use you or not. However the above is a really big reason to stay closed and keeps things easy and by the book.

zippy04
06-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Thank you both for your help I have decided to just close for the week think its for the best.

Thanks again :)

charliegee
07-06-2010, 08:52 AM
could you perhaps offer the choice but state that naturally if a mindee comes down with it then they would have to stay away from childminding untill eg the 5 days after the onset of rash?

this is what I have in my policy - (hope it is okay!!)

I offer choice of not to send (no fee charged) or I will open (and charge) but if mindee catches it they must stay off (and would be charged)

not sure what others think!

hope your little one is feeling better x