PDA

View Full Version : Sponsering a child?

Hebs
06-06-2010, 01:31 PM
from a 3rd world country, if i do this with my mindees (ie getting the children to write letters, sending pictures etc with permission from parents of course) can i put the cost of it through my books?

just thought it would be a good way of them gaining KUW

:huh:

Blaze
06-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, I do - both the child I sponser & the tiger:thumbsup:

Hebs
06-06-2010, 01:39 PM
who do you do it through Blaze??

Blaze
06-06-2010, 01:41 PM
The Tiger through the WWF - the child through a charity my family runs in India...I would look at Oxfam, as if it wasn't for my own personal circumstances that's who I would have gone through.:)

Hebs
06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
ok thanks hun x

flora
06-06-2010, 01:57 PM
we did this through a charity called Plan.

They are non religious and my uncle had dealings with them in AFRICA oops caps on .

He said they got far more done than any other charity he had encountered in in his words" really made a difference".

You can choose which area you would like to sponsor and you get to choose a boy or girl or they will choose for you. :thumbsup:

ajs
06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
We sponsor a Roma child in a village in Rumania. We picked this charity because the charity doesn't take any of the money we donate, it all goes directly to the child, family and village.

Some of the money is saved for her to use in later life - a sort of savings scheme.

My mindees have really enjoyed buying her birthday and Chrisrmas presents and we have her picture and letters on display in the playroom, so she is included in discussions, themes, etc.

ajs
06-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Blaze,

Does your family charity have a website?

David

Mookins
06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
this is brilliant idea ,y neighbour goes over to africa efery year and helps with poor vilages...another reason to sponser them now if it helps out our mindees too

x x x