PDA

View Full Version : naming your business or not

benharjac
06-06-2010, 12:03 PM
i would like to know your opinion. do you call your childminding business a name or just your name.... does it make any differences???? do you need to do anything to call your business a name???:blush:

Hebs
06-06-2010, 12:11 PM
i have a business name :thumbsup:

sandy64
06-06-2010, 12:37 PM
i have one too infact it came from my lo:)

TheBTeam
06-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I dont have a business name, work with dh and we just use our names, but that is because I am too shy to use one!:blush: I am not confident enough to use a name that I have thought of, find it embarrassing!:blush:

moljak
06-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd love a name but have just started out and not confident enough to call myself anything other than my name.I live in a small village with 3 childminders and feel if I gave myself a name they'd think I thought I was better than them.I always try to keep my head down lol.
Go for it if you want one.Just wish I was braver lol

David
06-06-2010, 02:37 PM
if you have a business name your bank would then charge you for having a business account, instead of being able to use a personal account. just a thought as to not having one.:idea:

Mookins
06-06-2010, 03:00 PM
ive chosen my business name, cant wait for all my leafelts etc to arrive and for my web page to go live...so exciting

will ask for all payments into my account standing order, no cheques or cash
you can still accepts payments in your own name not a business name so use your personal account x

tashaleee
06-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I do have a business name that I use :thumbsup:

Curly Quavers
06-06-2010, 03:22 PM
if you have a business name your bank would then charge you for having a business account, instead of being able to use a personal account. just a thought as to not having one.:idea:

I have a business name but I only use it on my childminding paperwork (the stuff parents see) and my work wear embroidered. My bank account is still personal it makes no difference.

AnnieM
06-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I have a business name, as purely because we share an address with 3 other businesses and mail was always going amiss. I just accept cheques in my name onkly and use my personal account. Business name was really for post purposes, but I now have it on my car, website, stationery and clothing too. :thumbsup:

benharjac
06-06-2010, 06:21 PM
thanks or that. Do you need to notify ofsted of your business name or is it ok just in your name....