PDA

View Full Version : Over 5 Enquires?

samkeddy
06-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi,
Im desperate for some after schoolies, there just seems to be no call near me at the moment just wondered from those of you with more years experience do you think there may be more enquiries in the up and coming months ready for the new school year?
I hope so!!
Thanks

Hebs
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
you'll probably get people looking for childcare for those who are starting school in september :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Get known at your local schools - talk the heads and teachers, see if you can advertise in some way - school website, notice board, newsletters, sending out flyers via the classes or standing outside the school gates.
Some heads go for this, some don't.
Get on good terms with the local childrens center and CDO's and colleagues, let FIS know what schools you are willing to drop off/pick up.
make your b4/after school rates competitive with the after school clubs.
get friendly with the nurseries (again advertising your services where possible) as these children will be moving onto school at some point.
Me and the after school club have a brilliant relationship and refer to each other.

the more people you can let know that you will take schoolies the better. There is often a misconception that minders are reluctant to take schoolies.