PDA

View Full Version : OMG WHAT DO I DO NOW

nelly
05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
just had tx of mom saying that her dad has took early retirement and he can have the little one now,shes only just been this week to sign contracts and we had a settling day n things were fine he was going to start monday full time.had £200 deposit of her so wot do i do now. :angry:

hello kitty
05-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Strictly speaking you can keep the deposit but I would be inclined to go halves with her and refund £100.

Hope you get more enquiries. :)

aly
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I wouldnt bother refunding at all. that is what the deposit is there for.

kindredspirits
05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
i too would keep the deposit she's messing you around big time.

nelly
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
can i legally keep all the deposit then because shes expecting it back she forgot to take the contract home with her was gona give it her monday its all signed ,am still new to all this so not sure were i stand.have just bought his new car seat to and some more toys that i thought he would like.feel so let down is this wot its always gona be like :crying:

AliceK
05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
On my forms it states clearly that deposits are not refundable against change of mind by parents. So if it were me I would NOT be refunding the deposit. I guess it depends what it says in your paperwork which mums signed.

xxxxx

charleyfarley
05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I charge a deposit too and it is none refundable if parent does not take the place, so I'd keep it :thumbsup:

Carol xx

francinejayne
05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah it doesn't matter that she left her copy of the contract at your house - she can have that if she wants!! But as long as it states the deposit is non-refundable then I would be keeping the lot!

nelly
05-06-2010, 03:01 PM
i have ticked the box on ncma contract that sys that the deposit is refundable but that is if she gives me 4 weeks notice which she hasnt.

Hebs
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
would her fees for the 4 weeks be more than the deposit?
if so mum doesnt get her deposit back just the difference :thumbsup:

miffy
05-06-2010, 03:32 PM
As long as you made it clear to her that the deposit was non-refundable if she didn't take up the place then you can keep it.

Miffy xx

HELEN10
05-06-2010, 04:19 PM
If that is what your contract says that it is non refundable then don't refund. You could have turned down another family for this lady!

Pipsqueak
05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
She has chosen not to take the space as agreed and i would keep the deposit.

AliceK
05-06-2010, 05:24 PM
i have ticked the box on ncma contract that sys that the deposit is refundable but that is if she gives me 4 weeks notice which she hasnt.

So then she has to pay the equivalent of 4 weeks fees. Work that out and then if it's less than the deposit then give her the difference back. If it's more than the deposit (which I'm sure it will be if mindee was going to be FT) then tell her you are keeping the deposit and will let her off the remainder which should be due.

xxxx

wendywu
05-06-2010, 10:11 PM
This situation is why you take a deposit, so dont refund. :mad:

Carol M
06-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Keep the deposit if her contract states non refundable.
Think of the work you have already put in any any others you have turned away due to her reserving the place.
She probably won't like it as you have said she is expecting it back! but she cannot mess you about!
Set a precedent for the future as this sort of thing happens alot and you cannot be at a loss because parents don't, or won't, understand they have signed a legally binding contract.
That said, as it is such a recent signing I would perhaps refund some of it as a gesture of good will, but make sure she understands this.
Good luck
Carol x

Tinglesnark
06-06-2010, 08:39 AM
i agree with the others|! that money will pay for the resources that you have already bought for her lo - dont feel too bad about those because they will come in handy for your next lo!
grrr some people just dont care about others do they? bet you the grandad will be changing his mind and she will come a knocking!

monkey62
06-06-2010, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=charleyfarley;719924]I charge a deposit too and it is none refundable if parent does not take the place, so I'd keep it :thumbsup:

Carol xx[/QUOT

The same here.

Little Pumpkins
06-06-2010, 10:01 AM
I would also have kept the deposit, its a space you could have been advertising

The Juggler
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I wouldnt bother refunding at all. that is what the deposit is there for.

I agree, it's there to give you time to find someone else if they decide not to start.

tashaleee
06-06-2010, 03:18 PM
[/B]

So then she has to pay the equivalent of 4 weeks fees. Work that out and then if it's less than the deposit then give her the difference back. If it's more than the deposit (which I'm sure it will be if mindee was going to be FT) then tell her you are keeping the deposit and will let her off the remainder which should be due.

xxxx

I would do the same :thumbsup:

caz3007
06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I would keep it and explain that you have bought the car seat, so that has to be taken into consideration. Also point out that to receive her deposit back she has to pay for 4 weeks