PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Help.

Dare4Distance
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey, I finally got my certificate so I can childmind but I have no children to mind yet :(

I have business cards made, fliers and a website. I have fliers and cards in a few shops. a flier up in the library and the post office too but only had one call so far and she's not sure if she really needs a childminder or not yet.

Where are the best places to advertise? Both online and offline.

Thanks.

Toothfairy
05-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Online advertising;

On here!
netmums
childcare.co.uk
Children and families information service
NCMA

Other advertising;

Flyers at Doctors, Library, newsagents, door to door, soft play areas, local parks, NCT sales, Mother & Toddler groups.

Contact local schools and ask to put a notice in their newsletter/bookbags or put flyers on parents cars during the school run.

Contact your local Childminding group's vacancy co-ordinator.

Ask to put a poster up at your local maternity ward/ antenatel group.

Advertising on you car.

HTH :thumbsup:

Mouse
05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Online I use Netmums (local childcare page) & Childcare.co.uk

Offline I tend to get most of my enquiries as recommendations/word of mouth. You need to get yourself known to other childminders & find out if you have a vacancy co-ordinator for your area. Do you have childminder drop in sessions local to you? If you do, get yourself along to them, even if you don't have any children to take. Let other minders know what vacancies you have, so that if they get calls and can't do the work, they at least have your contact details to pass on.

Unfortunately, when you're starting out, it can take a long time to get work, so don't be disheartened if you haven't got anything yet.

miffy
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
There have been quite a few threads on this subject if you do search.

A few more ideas on this one

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56178&highlight=advertising

Miffy xx

Dare4Distance
30-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the tips. I've been advertising like crazy but still no mindees :( I'm hoping things will pick up soon.

Stillgoingstrong
30-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the tips. I've been advertising like crazy but still no mindees :( I'm hoping things will pick up soon.

Hi, Im the disabled parking maniac just seen this from you!! Seriously don't worry work really is like buses - nothing and then wham they all come at once. Childminding groups as said before are good but lots of them are ncma members only (which i'm not), but also some schools let you "advertise" in their newsletter or have a contact book in office. Once you get started and people get to see you around it gets better. There was someone on here yesterday saying she gets 3 calls a day - dont know what area shes in but certainly not mine!! I'm just steady - thats atm, but it changes all the time tbh. You'll get someone soon enough don't worry, and good luck when you do.
:laughing:

Blue Boy
30-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Online advertising;

On here!
netmums
childcare.co.uk
Children and families information service
NCMA

Other advertising;

Flyers at Doctors, Library, newsagents, door to door, soft play areas, local parks, NCT sales, Mother & Toddler groups.

Contact local schools and ask to put a notice in their newsletter/bookbags or put flyers on parents cars during the school run.

Contact your local Childminding group's vacancy co-ordinator.

Ask to put a poster up at your local maternity ward/ antenatel group.

Advertising on you car.

HTH :thumbsup:

We do all of te above we have magnetic car signs on both our vehicles which we got from Vista print along with our business cards.