PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ AND HELP PLEASE NEED HELP

kimberley123
04-06-2010, 09:02 PM
HI YA GUYS IM QUITE NEW AND JUST DOING BASIC OBS ON A MINDEE I HAVE HES 16 MONTHS WE WENT TO A PARK TODAY AND I JUST DOING MY OBS SHEET ON HIM NOW

PLEASE HELP THIS IS WHAT HE DID
PLAYED ON SWINGS
PLAYED WITH OTHER MIDDIES
SAND PITS SLIDES
WHAT LINKS WOULD YOU SAY THIS LINKS TO I JUST LOOKIGN IN BOOK I FOUND SOME BUT HE VARIES ON AGE 16 PLUS AND UNDER 16 MONTHS PLEASE CAN YOU HELP
KIMS

Pipsqueak
04-06-2010, 09:33 PM
HI YA GUYS IM QUITE NEW AND JUST DOING BASIC OBS ON A MINDEE I HAVE HES 16 MONTHS WE WENT TO A PARK TODAY AND I JUST DOING MY OBS SHEET ON HIM NOW

PLAYED ON SWINGS
SAND PITS SLIDES
WHAT LINKS WOULD YOU SAY THIS LINKS TO I JUST LOOKIGN IN BOOK I FOUND SOME BUT HE VARIES ON AGE 16 PLUS AND UNDER 16 MONTHS PLEASE CAN YOU HELP
KIMS

I would link it in with (mainly)

PSED - playing with other mindees
Creative - sand
physical - moving around, movement
CLL

Keep it simple

kimberley - its friday night - late - chill hun:D

Blaze
04-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I know Pip - I PM'd her to call me, as her post came across as sooo stressed 9especially for a Friday night)!:(

kimberley123
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
hi guys the turth is i started in marach as a childminder and its all up in air i dont even tho uwere i start with paper work my conidtainer is crap its so hard IM SORRY IF IM STRESSING
argghhhh x

Blaze
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM

PLAYED ON SWINGS
SAND PITS SLIDES
KIMS

Ok....

Observation
Whilst at the park mindee:

Played on the swings.
Interacted with other children.
Played in the sand.
Played on the slide.

In future you might want to do your obs more...

Whilst at the park mindee climbed the steps to the slide independantly and squealed in delight at being pusehed in the swing. Mindee x interacted with the other mindees / children at the park by playing together with a ball....
(just an idea)!

Assessment

PD (Movement & Space) 16-26 months - Look, listen & note:
■ The ways in which young children develop skills, sometimes creeping, crawling, climbing, walking or throwing.

PD (Using Equipment & Materials) 8-20 months - Development matters:■ Enjoy the sensory experience of making marks in damp sand, paste or paint.

PSED (Making Relationships) 8-20 months - development matters:

■ Seek to gain attention in a variety of ways, drawing others into social interaction.

■ Use their developing physical skills to make social contact.

■ Build relationships with special people.

Next Steps

■ Provide different arrangements of toys and soft play materials
to encourage crawling, tumbling, rolling and climbing.

■ Use gloop (cornflour and water) in small trays so that babies can
enjoy putting fingers into it and lifting them out.

■At times of transition (such as arrival / departure time) make sure I greet and say goodbye to LO & Mum/ Dad etc. This helps to develop secure and trusting three-way relationships.

Taken directly from the book as thats what you said you were using - but I personally make it much simpler! (Also some may not be relevant as not a lot of detail in the observation). Don't worry too much about the ages as they are meant to be v. fluid (unless of cause there are serious alarm bells ringing that a LO has a developmental problem.
HTH:)

Bitsy Beans
05-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Honestly it will get easier - I only do a basic ob based on something a mindee said or did rather than a range of activities (and mine are older than yours).
It's just practice, I know it seems really daunting but you can do this. Check out the Observation and Planning board and just have a nose at the posts on there. It might give you a feel for how to word your obs.

Anything else you are struggling with?

Please don't stress (easier said than done - I know I've been there :o ) but it really doesn't help you xx

kimberley123
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
hi guys that helps wonders my hubbys helped me to with hes words
right what i done is
i had mindee since april ( so so far ive done 3 obs now one at park and books and music books i have put this in hes folder with had pessiom slips and all about me this ok?
i have then done a planning sheet for this child shall i put this in the same folder?
i not done any mid or long planning just as a theme as i only have 3 kiddes one i take to school ones whos 4 and the baby whos 15 months and thats only 2 days a week so not really cm everyday only wen and thus will ofted be ok with this
also i havent got a emgergey contact can my hubby be this?
kim xc

miffy
05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Yes, put your planning for the child in his folder. Make sure you also have something about his "starting points" (things he could do when he first came to you that parents have told you and/or you have noticed through observing him) - this is so you can show how he's progressed in the time you have been looking after him.

It doesn't matter about long term planning or themes for this age group as you should be following the child's interests and any planning should follow this too. As interests can change very quickly there's no point in planning a long way ahead.

Miffy xx

kimberley123
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
HI MIFFY THANK YOU
I JUST SORTED THE FOLDER OUT
EACH CHILD HAS THIS
A FOLDER WITH PESSION SLIPS FROM PARENTS THAT THEY HAVE SIGNED AND IN THAT THERES THE OBS I HAVE DONE APRIL ABOUT 2 AND MAY ABOUT 2 I HAVE JSUT FOUND A MONTHLY REPORT SHEET WHICH IS GOOD I HAVE PUT APRILS IN NOW AND PUT WHAT HES DOING AND PICKED SOME AREAS SUCH AS PSED ( DIPOOSTIONS AND ATTUIDES ( WHAT HE LIKES AND DISLIKES)
AND SO ON
IVE NOTICE THAT SOME AREAS HES STILL IN AGE BITH TO 11 MONTHS SO I PUT MY NEXT STEPS AND NEXT MONTH I HELP HIM WITH DIFEFRNT RESOURES ECT
IS THERE ANYTHIGN ELSE I NEED TO DO ? IVE GOT A SCRAP BOOK BUT NOT BEEN USING IT FOR HIM AS HES ONLY 15 MONTHS
ALSO I HAVE OTHER GIRLL WHO COMES ONCE A WEEK DO I NEED TO DO THIS ON HER? SHES 4
THANK YOU

Mollymop
05-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I would say that most Obs you do will come under all 6 areas of learning and development. Just look at the bigger picture and don't be too specific. For example -
You can link it to KUW ,--- as the child is playing with sand - she/he is learning about the feel of sand and maybe that it comes from the beach and is different from grass and feel the wind blowing in her hair and the sun on her face and wears a sun hat. (though you don't mention it in the ob report it is all there)...... It's all about the bigger picture:) :)