PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you rent your house?

Ben10mad
04-06-2010, 07:23 PM
As the title says.......
My close friend of mine is childminder and due to her marrage ending she is looking for a rented home, she has viewed many and once applying, all land lords have said no due to she cant guarantee her income and that they do not wish to have lots of children in their home.

Have any of you had problems with renting and landlords?

She has tryed the council but they say she will have to go in sheltered accommodation for a few weeks and she cant afford to do that due to loosing children.

xxxxx

funfunfun
04-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I live in council rented

I have had to ask permission , had to tell my neighbours either side to ensure they didnt object.

Thats it ....they where ok with it didnt have any probs tbh .

funemnx
04-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I haven't childminded in a privately rented house, but I have been turned away for having 4 children of my own. I imagine that anyone who is self-employed would have trouble though - hope it all works out for your friend x

Mookins
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
we rent from local council housing, asked permission said no problems as long as it doesnt disturb my neighbours...

when we lost our housewe were told we would have to go into temporary housing until a house came up...we were then told we were a priority due to stepsons aspergers syndrome
we didnt have to go into temporary housing after all,got the house we are in now

we were told aswe have lived in the area all our life, british etc etc we would have priority over new people to the country which is completely different to what other people had expected...so she may be lucky and get slomething straight away

x x x

Shirlwith3
05-06-2010, 04:38 AM
I rent privately & have no problems what so ever, when I was looking at rent I would contact the letting agents fisrt & asked if the house I like would aloow me to childmind & have pets in the house, some of the house were not very nice. I am now in a nice house (could do with being bigger but we had to get out of army quarters), Landlord is nice too.
Good luck with finding a house.

onceinabluemoon
05-06-2010, 06:12 AM
we were told aswe have lived in the area all our life, british etc etc we would have priority over new people to the country which is completely different to what other people had expected...so she may be lucky and get slomething straight away

x x x

That's very interesting. Years ago, I was pushed off top of the list time and time again for over 8 months by immigrants, meanwhile I lived in a tiny, damp un-secure bedsit in a rough area of the city with a baby... Good things have changed!

Now, I have been refused private housing for having children and being a lone parent time and time again. I eventually got rented a right dump which I did up and the landlord sold as soon as I had finished!

Why will she loose the kids of she goes into sheltered accommodation?

caz3007
05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Why will she loose the kids of she goes into sheltered accommodation?

I think she means her mindies, she wouldnt be able to mind whilst in sheltered accommodation

Ben10mad - its not a good solution, but isnt there any way you could both mind from your house temporarily. Having said that my sister was in B & B for a long time although she does live adjacent to Heathrow, so was probably way down the line for a house

kindredspirits
06-06-2010, 05:20 PM
i suggest trying private landlords - explain the situation and that you would obviously not have children trashing the house that you teach them to treat it with respect etc. I rent privately and its been no issue at all - many private landlords don't even look at your income just ask that you can pay the rent each month. :thumbsup: