PDA

View Full Version : Poo

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
04-06-2010, 06:55 PM
one of my 3 1/2 yr old mindees can usually be trusted to go to the toilet by himself. (w/c is downstairs). I noticed he was taking longer then usual so went in there. He had decided to poo in the potty then transfer it to the toilet. It was smeered everywhere!!!!

All over him, and the toilet. Im usually very calm but i lost it, even more so when he just shrugged his shoulders when i asked him why?

Is it unresonable of me to expect a child who is nearly four to behave appropiately when using the toilet?

The Juggler
04-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I would love to know what goes on in their little minds sometimes. Maybe he wanted to use the potty then thought you'd be cross so tried to cover his tracks making a mess in the process.

Maybe hide the potty! But yes, I'd expect them to just go really as they would do at nursery:(

funemnx
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Lol! Ahh, bless! I've got a boy the same age who still can't do a poo in the toilet! He did today because I managed to 'catch' him at the crucial moment!

Boys will be boys ;)

Cammie Doodle
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I agree with Juggler .If he is usually good I would put it down to a one off, bless him

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
He has been doing a poo on the toilet for nearly 2 years with no probs. the potty isnt usually out except im currently potty training.
He told his mum he was pretending to be a baby and wanted to know what his poo felt like.

She said she can still smell it on him even after a long soak in the bath and is still under his nails.

What made is worse is i have bad morning sickness!

The Juggler
04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
He has been doing a poo on the toilet for nearly 2 years with no probs. the potty isnt usually out except im currently potty training.
He told his mum he was pretending to be a baby and wanted to know what his poo felt like.

She said she can still smell it on him even after a long soak in the bath and is still under his nails.

What made is worse is i have bad morning sickness!

yeuch! poor you hon with your sickness too. He probably was just playing pretend and wanted to remember what it was like on the pot. I keep my potty out of reach of the previously toilet trained now as I've had them wee in it when right next to the toilet before, similar scenario, didn't know they were using it then because in an enclosed space, kicked it/spilled it. When I'm potty training I usually have it outside the toilet where there is more room.

Must have been horrible cleaning all that up.:(