PDA

View Full Version : High School Mindees

hello kitty
04-06-2010, 07:13 AM
One of my long term mindees is starting high school in September. The high school is a 20 min walk in one direction to the junior and infant schools I take and pick up from which are 30 mins in the other direction!

Her school will start at 8.30 and I have mindees arriving from 7.30 and at any time during the following hour until we leave for school at 8.30.

Now, how can I word a permission sheet to confirm parents agreement to her walking alone to school and is this acceptable? The same quandry will occur after school too. If she were to walk home to mine we should both arrive at the same time. What do you all do?

mushpea
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Not sure how to word the permision slip but my daughter is starting high school september and will be walking there and back on her own, we live 5min walk from the school and some of the days i will be going to the school beside the high school but i am still letting her walk on her own because i think if i walked her she would be teased for it so yes i think it is acceptable at this age to walk on their own.
does the child have freinds that walk the same way or do you know of another adult that walks that way so if there is a problem they have someone to turn to? or maybe you could give the child your phone number and you could have theirs for peace of mind.

ruby
04-06-2010, 08:37 AM
if you go to Bromley site in their P&P they have an independent arrival policy this will give you an idea of how to word yours

cathy

Hebs
04-06-2010, 08:48 AM
i have the same for one of my mindees, he will be walking to my sons school and meeting me there as it's only a 5/10 min walk :thumbsup: